Christmas with DP - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Christmas with DP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FrankOcean_*

Guest_FrankOcean_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I've always loved Christmas but this year is going to be so different. I'm gonna miss waking up excited and chatting up all night with my baby brothers :( waiting for mom to come in the middle of the night with our stockings. I just won't enjoy it like I used too at all.

Anyone feel like this or experienced Christmas being really dissociated? :/

#2 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I spent the last 3 christmas, birthdays, new years just... undescribable to be honest, the joy you feel when it's a new year, something that cannot be explained or expressed at any other time of the year, well that joy does die I'm sorry but when it comes to honesty count on me, birthdays aren't that cool anymore I'd say and I never really cared about christmas, the only thing I really wish I could celebrate properly is the new year ;_;

Do not give up though, everything gets better eventually

#3 shattered memories

shattered memories

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yeah Christmas used to be the pinnacle of my nostalgia. It just wont be the same with the lack of sentimentality. Everyday is the same now. Association to significant events is non existent. I truly feel this is the last hurdle to overcoming my DPDR.

#4 Guest_RedComet_*

Guest_RedComet_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

yea christmas and holidays with dp feel really empty and unfulfilling and not as fun, atleast thats just me but after a while you either get used to it or you enjoy it a little more slowly...but you can get there in time

#5 livinginhell333

livinginhell333

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

after a little while i started to enjoy the holidays a little more even with dp, still lots of wine, food, alcohol on new years. I've gotten drunk and have had new years parties and had fun even with the dissociation its not impossible to have fun and enjoy yourselves sometimes, they don't have the same meaning, but as time passes you get used to it and make the most out of it. Usually when there's drinks, good food, and family/friends around you forget about your dp temporarily although it's there in the back of your mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users