Stairs - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Stairs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Just wondering, when your DR is really high or just medium whatever, do you struggle going up the stairs?

#2 SongBillong

SongBillong

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationCheltenham, UK

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yep. I'm assuming you're talking about how the distance between the steps looks bigger/smaller than they are and the feeling of stepping on the steps doesn't feel real? So then you get like a millisecond of feeling like you're falling? That's the kind of thing that I get when it's really bad, in the same way that walls look bigger and feel further away than they are etc. Is this the kind of thing you experience or different?

#3 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yep. I'm assuming you're talking about how the distance between the steps looks bigger/smaller than they are and the feeling of stepping on the steps doesn't feel real? So then you get like a millisecond of feeling like you're falling? That's the kind of thing that I get when it's really bad, in the same way that walls look bigger and feel further away than they are etc. Is this the kind of thing you experience or different?

Yeah that's what I get, the distance between the steps does seem to change and I feel as if I'm going to fall in the next step, weirdest :P

#4 kate_edwin

kate_edwin

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 2071 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

I don't like stairs that are open in between, and I used to fall down the stairs at home becuase they were screwy, not deep enough. Then I passed out once and got paranoid about stairs. So I do hesitate often, but I don't know if t's all dp or all past experience or somewhere in between. I used to have nightmares as a kid where I'd fall through those open stairs then wake up feeling like I was actually falling, made my heart jump every time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users