What symptom do you hate most? - Page 2 - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

What symptom do you hate most?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: What symptom do you hate most? (269 member(s) have cast votes)

If you can get rid of one symptom...

1. Voted Visual Distortion (visual snow, 2D vision, underwater vision) (23 votes [8.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.55%

2. Voted Feelings of Unreality (constant dream state, lack of sense of self or world around you ) (78 votes [29.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.00%

3. Voted Emotional Detachment (unable to feel love or excitement, loss of nostalgia) (55 votes [20.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.45%

4. Voted Brain Fog (lightheadedness, difficulty concentrating, memory issues) (50 votes [18.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.59%

5. Voted Existential Terror (who am I, what am I, why does existence exist?!) (63 votes [23.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#13 AMUNT

AMUNT

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

Vision feels completely disconnected from the brain

#14 dissoziation

dissoziation

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:37 AM

I hate all of the symptoms that come with having DP/DR, but one of the symptoms that I hate the most is the memory loss and the concentration issues that come with it. I can barely remember what I did five seconds ago nor can I remember non-traumatic memories that happened two years ago. And when it comes to the concentration issues.. homework just got more harder than it already is. I also really hate the emotional detachment.

Edited by dissoziation, 29 September 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#15 Guest_InTheDark_*

Guest_InTheDark_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:56 PM

My symptons go far beyond any of these choices

#16 mezona

mezona

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

Can you be more specific InTheDark?

#17 Merk

Merk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSabaskong, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:53 AM

I hate the way i see things,kind of like im in a dream or i miss moments in what what i see and it is hard to concentrate on things i see. Also, not feeling myself and forgetting my identity.

#18 Ezio

Ezio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBHR

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:02 AM

All the symptoms are the worst but the symptoms that i most hate it is
1-body numbness
2-memory issues
3-slowmotion
4-vision issues

#19 ToTo

ToTo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

The brain fog, definitely the brain fog.

#20 truffle

truffle

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationDistrito Federal

Posted 12 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

I am discouraged often by not being connected with all of my feelings and my surrounding. I fell in love and at the greatest moments I can't connect with her fully.

#21 frenchguy

frenchguy

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLyon France

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:59 AM

hi,all

to me the worst is the loss of emotion, and is for me the main root of while i'm doing wrong, as it unable me to socialize as i lack of understanding of others people emotion too, but i can see that people feel my problem with makes everything worse. although it seems like for much people here it's not the case, the fact that people can sense it is for me the worst part of dp.

i feel as if i'd have my emotion back i could rebuild my ego and i'll be just fine from there.

i also doesn't suffer much from DR as i'm not able to feel.

• thy likes this

#22 Erika

Erika

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:19 AM

I can suffer depersonalization, feelings of unreality, I can ignore visual symptoms. But what really impairs my work is brain fog. I can’t study as much as I’d like because I get all lightheaded and I can’t even understand what it is I’m reading. I really hate emotional numbing as well, but fortunately this symptom is episodic and not very impairing.

#23 allison84

allison84

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:48 AM

1. No me , don't know who I am , no connection to the old me before this started.
2. The emotional numbness hate it so much.
3. My past memories feel distant , feel it's not me in my memory hate hate hate .

Everything with dr dp is horrid but these are my worst feelings that I find hard to deal with the most . Like I'm stripped completely of me .

#24 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

I voted brain fog, just because without it I could at least function independently, though perhaps only minimally.

My biggest fear is eventually being permanently institutionalized because I cannot function.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users