What symptom do you hate most? - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

What symptom do you hate most?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: What symptom do you hate most? (267 member(s) have cast votes)

If you can get rid of one symptom...

1. Voted Visual Distortion (visual snow, 2D vision, underwater vision) (23 votes [8.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.61%

2. Voted Feelings of Unreality (constant dream state, lack of sense of self or world around you ) (77 votes [28.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.84%

3. Voted Emotional Detachment (unable to feel love or excitement, loss of nostalgia) (54 votes [20.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.22%

4. Voted Brain Fog (lightheadedness, difficulty concentrating, memory issues) (50 votes [18.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.73%

5. Voted Existential Terror (who am I, what am I, why does existence exist?!) (63 votes [23.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 shattered memories

shattered memories

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Some experience all five, some only a couple. Just thought it'd be interesting to see what bothers everyone the most.

#2 countingwallflowers

countingwallflowers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

this is an example of why this site sucks...

ya lets all get reminded of our worst symptoms....pathetic.

I can't disagree more. The fact that there is an outlet for us to discuss our symptoms shows that this site does not "suck". I for one am more than gracious to have a place I can go to discuss and learn about others experiences, believe me I've been looking for quite some time.

I voted number one, though have issues with all, the least being number 4. In speaking with Optometrists, all they've been able to tell me is that some people have "floaters", which are particles on your eye. And true, I and many others have these floaters, but it's more than that. The "snow" as was termed in the poll I thought could be an accurate description. I call it static. I see it most when looking into the sky on a bright cloudless day.

Thanks for the poll. =]

#3 Lynxabc

Lynxabc

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

2 and 5 only those and they're terrible

#4 xxmdogxx

xxmdogxx

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I don't think this quite cuts into what most people are feeling i.e. soul torture

#5 Birdy2

Birdy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I agree with dude above. My father even tells me I " suffer the tortures of the damned " he's very nice, but he hit the nail on the head with that one.

#6 jffus92

jffus92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I like how neat and tidy the answers are, I often have 1-4 on varying levels of severity, and I had 5 when I was younger but luckily it's not really an issue anymore.

#7 asdfyoyoyo

asdfyoyoyo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

existential terror is the worst for me, and new. I kind of got "re traumatized" and got this nice symptom. Although the other symptoms are pretty awful too, I fear nothing more but being alone in this universe. The pure imagination of solipsism scares the shit out of me.

To be honest i think the "dream state" and the "existential terror" is basically the same thing, for me, it seems to be highly related.

#8 59Ballons

59Ballons

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

Absolutely the unreality. But if I could go back in time, I would stop myself from deep-thinking about life's existence. That is what started everything. Now I just feel plain and numb with no substance, and I constantly think "this is life I guess" when I look at something. 

And anxiety because I remember PAST anxiety and DP.

#9 Praise the Dawning

Praise the Dawning

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

Once you begin to stop obsessing over DP, you realise that you do have emotions, and they lift you out of the depersonalization. By constantly analysing your feelings, what do you have to feel? Unfortunately most sufferers break it down to 1s and 0s.

#10 CoffeeGirl9

CoffeeGirl9

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

Where does unable to feel your physical body fit in? Or maybe it's that I do feel it but I am not in it. Sense of self. No self at all!

#11 Xerei

Xerei

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationEarth, 3rd rock from the sun.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Im not gonna tell what my worst symptom is, cause putting it down may be feeding anothers flame, like they check for that symptom in themselves, getting it too. Its actually a destructive thing.

#12 mezona

mezona

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:24 AM

It's hard to say which one is the worst. I would say being tired and fatigued and feeling out of control of my mind and body.

Basically just the state I am in plus the brain fog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users