Depersonalization and Meditation - Page 9 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Depersonalization and Meditation

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#97 Midnight

Midnight

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1214 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

At the end of the day, I can only speak from personal experience. I never found meditation to help me much anyway. It never touched the core emotional issues I had and my own self-doubt, etc. 

The only difference it made was that it made me more detached from everything internally. If you want that, so be it, but don't say you haven't been warned if you are reading this and want to meditate deeply. Do your homework.

#98 Midnight

Midnight

• DPSH Members
  • 1214 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

I have contacted some members here who recovered from DP through meditation, violetgirl is one of them, check her feedback on how mindfullness helped her heal from trauma and the DP/DR/OCD related to it.

I find intriguing how you guys make so much assumptions of how deep meditation will lead to psychosis and other terrible stuff if you dont have any real experience with it. For my part the times when I was abble to go a little deeper than normal it was insightful experiences with positive outcomes. I do fear uncovering the veils of my perception, but will not let it hold me back. IMO this negative imagined picture that you built around meditation is keeping you from great discoveries and a much better life

Thats just an unfounded opinion. I have plenty of personal experience, rooted in reality. I used to be Big into spirituality. You know this..

#99 Midnight

Midnight

• DPSH Members
  • 1214 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I feel you.. its a hollow place down here.. just dont give it up, defeated.. standing as if your lost.. waiting for the end.. dont give up mate.. reality is an illusion, look to that which is looking.. you been told the path.. you been living in the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons.. you knock in a door, the door opens.. you been knocking from the inside

I like that Rumi quote. 

Atm, I feel like DP/DR is something to be handled seperately to everything else, especially spirituality. I think DP/DR is there to teach us something. 

It's made me look inside myself alot, notice patterns and behaviours and strengths and weaknesses, so for the moment I'm leaving meditation aside and taking a look at the issues that I was trying to use meditation as a crutch against.

I appreciate your support mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users