Face it... we're schizophrenic - Page 9 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Face it... we're schizophrenic

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#97 Jayden

Jayden

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1165 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

I have seriously dug myself a hole I can't get out of. This fear has me so tightly gripped.

Like i go up for dinner just 10 minutes ago and I get paranoid thoughts. I keep telling myself that there not true and to brush it off but it can't withstand the wave of panic and anxiety and fear that comes after these thoughts.

I really think I have to accept that I'm fucking losing it.

It happens so much around my parents, maybe because the first thoughts happened around them, and now when I'm around them my brain re-trggers the thoughts because of memory or something.

I;m a fucking anxious mess. No wonder I cant recover from DP. I have an incredible amount of fear fueling it.

Like seriously what the hell has happened to me, I used to be normal before all this DP/anxiety shit. Sorry for venting

#98 baking_pineapple

baking_pineapple

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

#99 Visual

Visual

• DPSH Members
  • 1749 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

I have seriously dug myself a hole I can't get out of. This fear has me so tightly gripped.

Like i go up for dinner just 10 minutes ago and I get paranoid thoughts. I keep telling myself that there not true and to brush it off but it can't withstand the wave of panic and anxiety and fear that comes after these thoughts.

I really think I have to accept that I'm fucking losing it.

It happens so much around my parents, maybe because the first thoughts happened around them, and now when I'm around them my brain re-trggers the thoughts because of memory or something.

I;m a fucking anxious mess. No wonder I cant recover from DP. I have an incredible amount of fear fueling it.

Like seriously what the hell has happened to me, I used to be normal before all this DP/anxiety shit. Sorry for venting

Maybe you actually have repressed memories – it can generate the kind of mega-anxiety you describe. It can completely cripple a person.

Since being around your parents triggers (greatly magnifies) this, you should consider counseling if you aren’t already doing so. I am not saying that your parents abused you. It could be as simple as always wanting to tell them something and have their help but being too frightened to do so. And desperately wanting their approval in spite of what happened – 99% of the time abuse people believe it was their own fault and they are ‘guilty’ and ‘bad’ and terrible things will happen if they speak a word about it.

Also, with repressed memories, someone can be functioning fine until something triggers the past.

Of course I could be completely wrong. And you don’t need yet another thing to worry about.

But considering the severe misery and suffering you are dealing with, it would be good to explore ways to get help from professionals. It may at least comfort you to have more help.

Hope this is helpful and not too upsetting

#100 nowhereboy

nowhereboy

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

This fear of schiz is also causing me great anxiety. Infact im at a stage where my mind is so fucked, im actually preparing for a full blown phsycotic episode. Ive had a few drinks tonight so my anxiety has vanished, but still the weird intrusive thoughts and words fly around my mind. Its so confusing because behind all the bullshit going on in my head, im still me and im fully aware of all of this. I thought schiz lacked insight. Maybe not in my case.... only time will tell. This battle continues :s

#101 Jayden

Jayden

• DPSH Members
  • 1165 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

This fear of schiz is also causing me great anxiety. Infact im at a stage where my mind is so fucked, im actually preparing for a full blown phsycotic episode. Ive had a few drinks tonight so my anxiety has vanished, but still the weird intrusive thoughts and words fly around my mind. Its so confusing because behind all the bullshit going on in my head, im still me and im fully aware of all of this. I thought schiz lacked insight. Maybe not in my case.... only time will tell. This battle continues :s

yeah im hittin the rum n cokes now too

#102 Quifouett

Quifouett

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:43 AM

cheers

#103 Jimbo

Jimbo

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

I knew somebody who had real psychoctic episodes. Hearing voices thinking that strange forces were controlling him. I'd say it's not the same thing. He didn't worry when he was getting into that state he said it felt good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users