TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 lego

lego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Ive been lurking on this site for a few years because I have been suffering from depersonalization since i was 16 (im 24 now). I know what kind of fukin hell it can be... as on a couple of occasions I got dangerously close to ending it all. I have tried everything under the sun to make this hell go away.... all kinds of ssri, benzos, opiates, etc. etc. and nothing really worked just sometimes masked the feeling. Well i was so fed up that i had to try something rather extreme and what i did was a WATER FAST I drank only water for 7 days.... before the fast I drank juices for 2 days and ate veggies to start cleaning my system... coming out of the fast I ate soups and non solid foods for 2 days. In these 11 days I lost 20 pounds and it was a very intense/spiritual experience for me. I WAS AMAZED AT HOW I FELT AFTER THE FAST. NO MORE DP. ill say it again NO MORE DP. I cannot encourage you guys enough to try this because living with dp is unbearable... if you have any questions or tips let me know.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

#2 cass75

cass75

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSurrey, England

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well I know I really need to some kind of detox programme for all sorts of reasons but are you truly saying that you are DP free, how did it happen-was it a gradual process during your fasting or was instant at the end?

#3 lego

lego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Well I know I really need to some kind of detox programme for all sorts of reasons but are you truly saying that you are DP free, how did it happen-was it a gradual process during your fasting or was instant at the end?

INSTANT. after I came out of the fast DP was completely gone.

#4 cass75

cass75

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSurrey, England

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hmmm but then we would have to assume that our dietary habits is the main contibuting factor? Could you maybe do step by step instructions for me to try, if you don't want to post here you can message me-thanks

#5 lego

lego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hmmm but then we would have to assume that our dietary habits is the main contibuting factor? Could you maybe do step by step instructions for me to try, if you don't want to post here you can message me-thanks

I have a few theories on how/why it works... but It doesn't really matter to me. IT WORKED. Im just happy that I FEEL ALIVE again

#6 theoneandonly

theoneandonly

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

I have a few theories on how/why it works... but It doesn't really matter to me. IT WORKED. Im just happy that I FEEL ALIVE again

did the memory problems that come with DP get better?

#7 surf

surf

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 5297 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Ive been lurking on this site for a few years because I have been suffering from depersonalization since i was 16 (im 24 now). I know what kind of fukin hell it can be... as on a couple of occasions I got dangerously close to ending it all. I have tried everything under the sun to make this hell go away.... all kinds of ssri, benzos, opiates, etc. etc. and nothing really worked just sometimes masked the feeling. Well i was so fed up that i had to try something rather extreme and what i did was a WATER FAST I drank only water for 7 days.... before the fast I drank juices for 2 days and ate veggies to start cleaning my system... coming out of the fast I ate soups and non solid foods for 2 days. In these 11 days I lost 20 pounds and it was a very intense/spiritual experience for me. I WAS AMAZED AT HOW I FELT AFTER THE FAST. NO MORE DP. ill say it again NO MORE DP. I cannot encourage you guys enough to try this because living with dp is unbearable... if you have any questions or tips let me know.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

You've gotta be kidding me. That is really interesting. Good for you, glad you are feeling well again. I would love to try this yet I am so fatigued and skeletal as it is I think I would die if I didn't eat for 7 days. I only weigh 120 as it is. I fasted for 3 days one time and remember not being able to function towards the end of it. What inspired you to do this?

#8 lego

lego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

You've gotta be kidding me. That is really interesting. Good for you, glad you are feeling well again. I would love to try this yet I am so fatigued and skeletal as it is I think I would die if I didn't eat for 7 days. I only weigh 120 as it is. I fasted for 3 days one time and remember not being able to function towards the end of it. What inspired you to do this?

I was literally suicidal from the DP.... brain chatter, fatigue, felt like i was a ghost, felt like i was a mile away from where my body was... etc. etc. I had to try something otherwise I would off myself.

#9 lego

lego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

did the memory problems that come with DP get better?

yes. after 3 days my mental clarity drastically started to improve

#10 theoneandonly

theoneandonly

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

yes. after 3 days my mental clarity drastically started to improve

that's really weird because whenever i haven't eaten for a while, it feels like my DR gets worse

#11 lego

lego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

that's really weird because whenever i haven't eaten for a while, it feels like my DR gets worse

have you not eaten for 7 days? yea its very hard to do and you feel like shit at first... but in the end its worth it.

#12 surf

surf

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 5297 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

I was literally suicidal from the DP.... brain chatter, fatigue, felt like i was a ghost, felt like i was a mile away from where my body was... etc. etc. I had to try something otherwise I would off myself.

I wonder if putting yourself through that mentally snapped you out of the DP. Kind of like, "well shit if I can not eat for 7 days i can re-connect to myself." How did you think to do this? What made you come up with the idea of doing it? Why did you drink juice and eat veggies? I am super interested, I might try this. I am a ghostly sick and skinny person, could I die from this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users