So last I MISread, wikipedia said derealization is lifelong.. - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

So last I MISread, wikipedia said derealization is lifelong..

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#13 drew-uk

drew-uk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMid Wales - United Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

Please don't tell me what I can or cannot post. I am on here for the same reasons you are, trying to beat this. I will post what I need to get better. I have no time to look out for others. Sorry if that offends you. It is what it is.

Sorry but i didn't understand how this information could be beneficial to anybody's recovery

#14 Pablo

Pablo

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

I wouldn't accept as 100% fact anything anyone says about almost anything especially when it comes to the psychological and your own situation, there are no absolute authorities at all in that area, even the highest educated doctors and psychologists in the world don't really understand what's really going on with most people most of the time because each person is so unique and each person is limited by their own viewpoint. Like they say the only facts in this life are death and taxes just about everything else is open to interpretation.

#15 FoXS

FoXS

• DPSH Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationGerrrrmany

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

you shoudlnt believe anybody when you really want to recover. only trust yourself and what you know deep inside: that it is in your OWN hands to beat this state. so try to do so.

#16 Fullmetal

Fullmetal

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for all the positive replies. I WILL recover :) You people are nice - maybe life is jealous and wants to give DR to the people with the true kind hearts and wise minds...

#17 MobiusX

MobiusX

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:27 AM

Shit, I'm going to have this shit for the rest of my life, I have to play this fucking dream game for the rest of my life. If I'm going to do that then I guess I will have to try to enjoy it by doing and buying whatever I want, which is what I've been doing lately. Fuck the consequences.

#18 Gypsy85

Gypsy85

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

Right Mobius, get the best out of it. I also eat what I want to. Fuck the consequence. If I took meds, I would get fat as well- sooo...chocolate tastes better :)

#19 UltraRobbie

UltraRobbie

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

You simply misunderstood that sentence. In other words its saying that 74% of all people will experience derealization at some point in their lifetime. From what I've read in books about DP most cases of DP last two years or less and subside on their own with or without medication.

Ah, that's nice to hear :P

Honestly I don't think it's ever life long unless you don't do anything about it. I think when you treat the anxiety or PTSD or whatever, it goes away.

#20 UniversalShape1

UniversalShape1

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

I also eat what I want to. Fuck the consequence.

you are such a badass i wanna be cool like you are

#21 Doberg

Doberg

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

"Chronic derealization may be caused by occipitaltemporal dysfunction.[3] These symptoms are common in the population, with a lifetime prevalence of up to 5% and 31–66% at the time of a traumatic event" - Wikipedia ........... They must of updated it cuz now it says 5% >>?

#22 missjess

missjess

• DPSH Members
  • 2232 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Derealization fucking sux it's the only thing I experience now, it's only slight aswel but it's a true joy killer

#23 Jurgen

Jurgen

Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 923 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

[Face palm]
I don't want to live on this planet anymore

#24 missjess

missjess