will we ever be 100% cured? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

will we ever be 100% cured?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chris89

chris89

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hi guys,

I'm not normally a negative person and i'v always had the belief that i will get better. Anyway over the past month i've been getting a hell of alot better, i've started drinking alcohol again (got the confidence to do so) and quit smoking...well cut down anyway! But on saturday night i went out and stupidly ended up doing coke and MDMA and to be honest i didn't feel too bad at the time...the next morning though i felt the worst i have felt...really bad, i feel depressed too, which i've never suffered with...i know that could be just part of the come down. Anyway over the last few nights i've had trouble sleeping my mind has been racing, loads of crazy thoughts running around my head and this got me worried about Schizophrenia!

i suppose i'm just after some reassurance at the minute...but it almost felt as though my mind was torturing me and not letting me sleep it was so bad! my question really is here if i was schizophrenic, would i know? or would other people at least notice if i'd been acting strange? because everyone seems to think i am fine.

If this is normal for DP then is it definitely curable? i just feel so low at the moment and so annoyed...i felt as though i was almost there and now i've took a massive step back by doing something stupid!

My advice....if you're thinking about doing drugs DON'T please! i don't want to preach but it really has made me feel the worst i have in a while and i'm certain i was almost better, that's the reason i thought it would be okay to do drugs...

Oh well...

#2 surf

surf

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

Nah you don't have schizophrenia. If you did you wouldn't be asking yourself if you do.

#3 jaymeeliz

jaymeeliz

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hi guys,

I'm not normally a negative person and i'v always had the belief that i will get better. Anyway over the past month i've been getting a hell of alot better, i've started drinking alcohol again (got the confidence to do so) and quit smoking...well cut down anyway! But on saturday night i went out and stupidly ended up doing coke and MDMA and to be honest i didn't feel too bad at the time...the next morning though i felt the worst i have felt...really bad, i feel depressed too, which i've never suffered with...i know that could be just part of the come down. Anyway over the last few nights i've had trouble sleeping my mind has been racing, loads of crazy thoughts running around my head and this got me worried about Schizophrenia!

i suppose i'm just after some reassurance at the minute...but it almost felt as though my mind was torturing me and not letting me sleep it was so bad! my question really is here if i was schizophrenic, would i know? or would other people at least notice if i'd been acting strange? because everyone seems to think i am fine.

If this is normal for DP then is it definitely curable? i just feel so low at the moment and so annoyed...i felt as though i was almost there and now i've took a massive step back by doing something stupid!

My advice....if you're thinking about doing drugs DON'T please! i don't want to preach but it really has made me feel the worst i have in a while and i'm certain i was almost better, that's the reason i thought it would be okay to do drugs...

Oh well...

Relax... relax... :) Someone very close to me was diagnosed a few years ago w/schizophrenia. She didn't know she had it, but she was acting strange. So you don't have schizophrenia because as I read your post I do not find anything strange. BTW, that person I'm talking about is well now. I mean really well! She got better through my support and her own will to change.

It's normal for us to have thoughts that keep on lingering and it's really annoying. The best way to attack this is to do something else and not let the thoughts carry you away. If the thought is still there, ignore it, continue what you are doing! I have been doing this for a few days and I think I'm getting better. Although I nearly broke down in the mall yesterday, I still went home happy because I was able to conquer some of my fears...

Ofcourse, we will be 100% cured! stay positive.

#4 Rusko

Rusko

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:51 AM

You are not schizphrenic, psychotic, or delusional. You are anxious, that is all. People suffering from schizophrenia do not question if they truly are. And if you were schizophrenic, those "crazy" thoughts that run through your head would feel normal to you, you wouldn't question them, nor worry about them. Anxiety can't lead to schizophrenia, it just doesnt. Anxiety only leads to more anixety. Drugs do lead to schizophrenia, but believe me, your not. Anxiety/Depersonalization/Derealization give you some pretty crazy thoughts, trust me, been there done that. When I was first derealized I questioned everyday whether I was becoming schizophrenic or not, and obviously I'm not, niether are you. Oh and just another thing, the fact that you came onto this website to ask help about how you were feeling, and if your thoughts were crazy, instantly proves your not schizophrenic. If you truly were, you wouldnt question how you were feeling, and you wouldnt be asking others if how you felt was normal because you would truly believe that how you felt was normal.

Take care, Rusko.

#5 egodeath

egodeath

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

You are not schizphrenic, psychotic, or delusional. You are anxious, that is all. People suffering from schizophrenia do not question if they truly are. And if you were schizophrenic, those "crazy" thoughts that run through your head would feel normal to you, you wouldn't question them, nor worry about them. Anxiety can't lead to schizophrenia, it just doesnt. Anxiety only leads to more anixety. Drugs do lead to schizophrenia, but believe me, your not. Anxiety/Depersonalization/Derealization give you some pretty crazy thoughts, trust me, been there done that. When I was first derealized I questioned everyday whether I was becoming schizophrenic or not, and obviously I'm not, niether are you. Oh and just another thing, the fact that you came onto this website to ask help about how you were feeling, and if your thoughts were crazy, instantly proves your not schizophrenic. If you truly were, you wouldnt question how you were feeling, and you wouldnt be asking others if how you felt was normal because you would truly believe that how you felt was normal.

Take care, Rusko.

Unless THEY are trying to trick you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users