Ending a relationship while dp'd. - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Ending a relationship while dp'd.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

I guess this is for anyone who has ended a relationship while you had dp/dr; did you feel any different? Ive been divorced for over a month and I now live on my own but I feel like nothing has changed. I still feel married. I feel like the dp is keeping me from feeling different somehow. It's pretty annoying.

#2 Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*

Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

My experience is different. After I broke up with my ex and moved back to my home state, seeing pictures of my ex made me feel like I had never even met that person in my entire life. And that's after spending 2 years with her. Not only do I feel like I never met her before, but I also felt like because of DP that she didn't even get to know me at all.

#3 butterfly

butterfly

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

I guess this is for anyone who has ended a relationship while you had dp/dr; did you feel any different? Ive been divorced for over a month and I now live on my own but I feel like nothing has changed. I still feel married. I feel like the dp is keeping me from feeling different somehow. It's pretty annoying.

If part of DP's reason for being is to protect us from painful things, it may be altering your reality so you don't accept reality. Maybe it's too painful for you to be divorced (I don't know your story so I could be totally off-base here) and DP is preventing you from feeling it.

#4 ElectricRelaxation

ElectricRelaxation

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationN. Y.

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

Being in a relationship right now has tremendously helped my DP, I feel fully recovered on a daily basis except for mild brain fog which I'm too lazy to exercise off. I can't imagine ending a relationship at this point. Maybe if you find someone new in your life who is really awesome it will help you get your emotions back. Mine came back once I realized there was someone else who really cared for me as a human being.

#5 sonnl

sonnl

Jedi Knight

• DPSH Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

ive ended a lot of friendships while on dp

#6 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Being in a relationship right now has tremendously helped my DP, I feel fully recovered on a daily basis except for mild brain fog which I'm too lazy to exercise off. I can't imagine ending a relationship at this point. Maybe if you find someone new in your life who is really awesome it will help you get your emotions back. Mine came back once I realized there was someone else who really cared for me as a human being.

I think that feeling cared for would most certainly help. I know that I probably recovered from dp the first time because I was so well cared for and felt safe and loved during that period of time. The thing is that I'm not much more than a month divorced and I seriously feel just totally screwed up mentally. I'm angry a lot. Like irrational, suicidal, physically violent anger. I know that anger is always a cover for a deeper emotion but it beats me as to what exactly the emotion is that makes me react in those ways. I just know that I always feel like I could just go off the deep end at any time and what person would want to deal with that? I don't even think dp guys would want to deal with it and they have dp too.

The entire thought of trying to meet someone new scares me. I'm just not up for the game of going out there and trying to be charming, opening myself up to someone to be judged and hurt, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users