DPD (Depersonalization Disorder) Symptom domains - Page 2 - New? Start Here - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DPD (Depersonalization Disorder) Symptom domains

33 replies to this topic

#13 RockerChick

RockerChick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I have a constant floating pressure feeling in my head like its full of fog and I just can't think.

#14 Katya

Katya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Tork

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

oh great, severely depersonalized :3 this did nothing but make me feel like crap. :) and i dont even know if it ever goes away so i dont even have any hope that ill get better xD

#15 Hearth

Hearth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

I've had a profound "holy shit" kind of feeling from coming on this site and knowing I've been like this for years. It makes me feel a bit sick thinking about it sometimes, thanks for posting this. Does it feel like a twisted mind game your head is playing with you to anyone else too?

I feel like being played as well

#16 pancake

pancake

in hibernation

• DPSH Members
  • 859 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Anyhow, I hang over on the DID forum now.
Not that things are quite that severe for me, but DP alone doesn't seem to quite cut it.

Ha. LOL. No. It was DID all along for me.

Hope the DP/DR list did more than just make you guys sad :)

Good luck you all

#17 D'annie

D'annie

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

this is my version of what this has felt like...do you share some of these feelings? I made a video below

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PhLjSwNW-PY

#18 Will_i_am

Will_i_am

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

I know this is a wierd thing to say but the best thing about "us" is we are albe to
escape reality. maby this is what we have been looking for all along

#19 Midnight

Midnight

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1214 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I know this is a wierd thing to say but the best thing about "us" is we are albe to
escape reality. maby this is what we have been looking for all along

Maybe, but the constant feelings of tension and inability to relax makes me have my doubts.

#20 Will_i_am

Will_i_am

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

True. Does anyone know if dpd can go away on its own with time?

#21 alysonwonderland

alysonwonderland

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I've heard that it can if you are wiling to cope with the situation that caused it in the first place. Someone else with DPD once told me that they fell into depersonalization when their husband died, and they remained that way for 6 months until finally, one day, she was able to accept his death, face the reality of the situation and all the feelings that came with it, and then move on. That's how she came out of her DPD. I don't think it's the same for everybody. (If it was, I would no longer have DPD by now). For other people, like me, it's become more than a temporary form of escape and more so a permanent one; something that I can't get out of on my own. I heard this quote once, "You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living until the escape becomes the habit." I think it all depends on how severe your DPD is.

#22 Laurany152

Laurany152

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I took the questionnaire and scored severely Depersonalized.  Scary stuff.  :(

#23 hennessy

hennessy

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

There is no way of scoring "No Dp" in this test. Even if you answer once or twice to only one of them the tests says you have mild depersonalization. Everybody in their lives feel spacey or their mind is somewhere else from time to time. I don't think the test is accurate as the cambridge scale. You DON'T have it as a disorder even if you experience some of those from time to time. It might be as simple as an anxiety symptoms which is the case for the most of the people. This topic is extremely misleading.

#24 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Do you guys ever overlook stuff a lot because of this? I feel like I always look right past things that are right in front of my eyes, and it just doesn't register really. This is probably just a result of lack of concentration but just curious if you have this particular thing as a major problem.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users