Stop blaming weed. - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Stop blaming weed.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 rob35235

rob35235

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationPsychiatric disease is really physical disease which isn't understood yet.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

I kind of suspect people who got DP from "weed" actually smoked something that was contaminated with some type of pesticide, improper chemical fertilizers or bulking agent that's sprayed on to add weight or zest...don't believe me? Do your research and use common sense. It's the prohibition of cannabis that caused it to happen to you, if that's how it began for you. Remember the stories about bathtub gin during alcohol prohibition making people go blind? Think about it.

#2 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

I dunno man. But IF one were to smoke weed one should definately only smoke organic.

#3 rob35235

rob35235

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 637 posts
  • LocationPsychiatric disease is really physical disease which isn't understood yet.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

I dunno man. But IF one were to smoke weed one should definately only smoke organic.

You're right. Every time that I have smoked organic homegrown or outdoor I have experienced something completely and totally different than when smoking general commercial weed. That's what I'm saying.

#4 Opus131

Opus131

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:41 AM

There's far too many pot heads associated with this condition, just saying. :P

#5 Guest013

Guest013

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

I went to the ER the morning after my overdose. They tested for all chemicals and drugs in my body. THC was the only thing that came up. It's apparently caused by weed that has a higher than normal concentration of THC (so nice shit). And I agree with Opus... all of us who got it from weed had the same pesticides sprayed on our weed?

#6 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

The cannabis/dp connection cannot be ignored since it is so well documented.

On another note, UK and I´m sure other places have in recent years been flooded with massproduced super-potent weed with absurdely high THC-levels, in the UK they call it Skunk. I think anyone and especially young people are far more likely to have a longterm or permanent illness from this kind of weed than from smoking some organic mild indica/sativa blend. And this is why I think Marijuana should be legalized, so that it can be regulated and have transparency. So that you can go to a store and know exactly what you get, instead of buying some toxic psycho-weed on steroids from a street dealer connected to a crime syndicate.

#7 sonnl

sonnl

Jedi Knight

• DPSH Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

I could be wrong, because my DP was caused by a panic attack and not weed, but I have a small theory. The weed caused the panic attack, and Dp was a result, theirs no argument their. But I know plenty of people, myself included, that have had panic attacks while smoking weed, and DP wasnt the result. Just like panic attacks without weed,not all of them cause DP.
My theory is, it wasnt the weed that caused dp, it was the panic attack that caused dp, and weed just caused the panic attack just like a million other factors could have caused the panic attack, its just easier to get while high. I think theirs some kind of 'hidden factor' here that causes dp, something between that and the panic attack.

#8 Daniel C

Daniel C

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHermiston, OR

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Sorry to rain on your parade OP, but this post isn't backed up with any research, nor really plausible or possible.

A: You're saying that ALL of us smoked contaminated weed? Not very likely.

B: What about the people who smoked with us that are/were fine? My group of friends had bought a quarter of medical grade marijuana. (High potency)I smoked too much, had a panic attack, and boom; hello depersonalization. But my friends who continued to smoke were fine.

C: You say " remember the bathtub gin making people go blind " well, wouldn't everybody who drank that evil gin go blind, too? That also applies to this situation. If somebody laces a bag of weed with chemicals, or even if there are too many potentially dangerous chemicals in that batch, not just one person is going to be effected.

You say to use common sense, but I think the only one who needs to use common sense here is you my friend. I don't mean to be rude at all, you have a good theory, but you can't go filling peoples heads with something like this without any research beyond your own opinions. It may be beneficial to the quality of this post to have some link to a study that found foreign dangerous substances on the plant buds.

I have a friend that is growing 6 plants right now. I know everything that is being put into/onto those plants, and if I were to go over there; sit down, load a bowl, and smoke it, I would throw myself into a severe panic attack and make my DP go into overdrive.

I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with your post. :/

#9 Guest_kandeeee_*

Guest_kandeeee_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

Sorry to rain on your parade OP, but this post isn't backed up with any research, nor really plausible or possible.

A: You're saying that ALL of us smoked contaminated weed? Not very likely.

B: What about the people who smoked with us that are/were fine? My group of friends had bought a quarter of medical grade marijuana. (High potency)I smoked too much, had a panic attack, and boom; hello depersonalization. But my friends who continued to smoke were fine.

C: You say " remember the bathtub gin making people go blind " well, wouldn't everybody who drank that evil gin go blind, too? That also applies to this situation. If somebody laces a bag of weed with chemicals, or even if there are too many potentially dangerous chemicals in that batch, not just one person is going to be effected.

You say to use common sense, but I think the only one who needs to use common sense here is you my friend. I don't mean to be rude at all, you have a good theory, but you can't go filling peoples heads with something like this without any research beyond your own opinions. It may be beneficial to the quality of this post to have some link to a study that found foreign dangerous substances on the plant buds.

I have a friend that is growing 6 plants right now. I know everything that is being put into/onto those plants, and if I were to go over there; sit down, load a bowl, and smoke it, I would throw myself into a severe panic attack and make my DP go into overdrive.

I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with your post. :/

Daniel <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

#10 septimus

septimus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Sure...

So every single time I smoked it was contaminated? Weird how my friends are ok...

#11 wouhou

wouhou

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hello, the weed basic(commercial) causes dissociation why look any further?
it's useless to search another chimical causes in the weed.(i think 90% of the weed smoker have been dp so, the most smokers don't take commercial weed..)

Most of us have PTSD on this horrible sensation and suddenly have not come to discard it. Anxiety leads to dp / dr, dp / dr causes anxiety, a vicious circle. And after a while the brain makes sense that this new standard, our new "state of mind. it becomes DISEASE. I agree with the theory is mine soonl in part, but some people have smoked weed and they had dp / dr without panic attacks.
Pesticides or not in all cases it gets us no more.

There is no cure for 36 solutions, the recipe is: live live live with positive thoughts. I have already managed to make it disappear temporarily by applying this method, and no I am not less affected you!

Sorry for bad english, Peace, -Joh

#12 dupe

dupe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

I kind of suspect people who got DP from "weed" actually smoked something that was contaminated with some type of pesticide, improper chemical fertilizers or bulking agent that's sprayed on to add weight or zest...don't believe me? Do your research and use common sense. It's the prohibition of cannabis that caused it to happen to you, if that's how it began for you. Remember the stories about bathtub gin during alcohol prohibition making people go blind? Think about it.

From what I've read marijuana can trigger DPD, just like it triggers psychosis in people with that particular predisposition. I am doubtful as to whether it could be called a cause though.

Some people aren't made for drugs: If you are anxious and like being in control drugs just plain aren't for you. If you're prone to anxiety your first Whitey could take more than sugar water to get over.

Drug triggered DPD usually starts with a panic attack or increase in general anxiety so I think it makes sense to think that the weed only acts as a trigger not a true cause (ie. like sonnl said it is not the plant vapor you just inhaled that triggering DPD but the panic attack you had when you had a little too much).

Like I say, if you don't like letting go of yourself drugs just weren't the right choice.
And a non-recreational note: Just because marijuana induced panic attacks trigger DPD in some people that doesn't mean the drug should be illegal. Consider how much good that plant can do for people with chronic pain for instance. Prohibition is useless. Education desirable.

As for me by the time I first smoked I'd had DP/DR for quite a few years. I find some aspects of being stoned not unlike DP/DR, only it is pleasant, which I guess makes it rather unlike DP/DR after all. I admit it is a crutch, like alcohol & prescriptions for some others. Neither of those were for me. I got my poison, strangely other than that I am pretty much teetotal.

Mind you on the inpurity note: I wouldn't touch anything that was grown for commerce. Just to think that that fine dusting could be tiny splinters of glass rather than pollen.. yuck.

My personal experience does not reflect the findings published in the literature. I am pretty sure weed hasn't affected the course of my DPD. I can see a lot of other triggers but for me personally this isn't one. I got a long history to look back on and smoking hasn't had a negative effect on me. Just made the hard times a tad more bearable and the good times fun.

I am aware I am in a very small minority - being as I am pretty certain this many studies can't be that far off the mark. After a lot of searching I found a couple of other stories like my own online. Statistical anomalies.
Welcome to the club :D
We're lucky, lots of people here would like a smoke too but can't because they know they'll pay a price. I think you're dangling carrots. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users