Can we all agree that DR is worse than DP? - Page 3 - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Can we all agree that DR is worse than DP?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Can we all agree that DR is worse than DP? (346 member(s) have cast votes)

DP or DR?

1. Voted DR is worse (204 votes [58.96%])

Percentage of vote: 58.96%

2. Voted DP is worse (142 votes [41.04%])

Percentage of vote: 41.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#25 Lostwanderer

Lostwanderer

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

Holy hell no. Im am the exact opposite. For me, DR is a huge relief from DP. I get DP the most and it scares me the most. I think it must be because im an introvert and usually very connected with my feelings. when i lose tge connection, i feel like ive lost my soul. Its the most distressing thing. When i get the rare DR feeling, its annoying at worst.

#26 rightwrong99

rightwrong99

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

DR is worse, I think. But its hard to say because the two are both part of the same disorder.

#27 Storme

Storme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

I have mainly only DR, so I'm not sure. I have kind-of mild DR, 24/7, so I've just got used to it. :/

#28 orca

orca

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

I think DR freaks me out more, and dp just makes me Sad because I feel like I can't feel love towards my son and family as much as I know I can.
I can't remember the last time a had a overwhelming feeling of love for someone or even happiness..but I used to normally always distant myself from family as a kid so I can cope with it better.

#29 kate_edwin

kate_edwin

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 2071 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

For some people sure. Overall no. Both dp and dr are experienced with different symptoms and different intensities in different people. You can say one is worse then the other

#30 daydreambeliever

daydreambeliever

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

Holy hell no. Im am the exact opposite. For me, DR is a huge relief from DP. I get DP the most and it scares me the most. I think it must be because im an introvert and usually very connected with my feelings. when i lose tge connection, i feel like ive lost my soul. Its the most distressing thing. When i get the rare DR feeling, its annoying at worst.

I agree with you. If things seem unreal it kind of matches my unreal feelings. So things seeming unreal is like normal. But not knowing forever how I really feel, what I am, why I say things, who is talking, will I be able to control myself? It sucks man. Cause like with dp we know reality in some sense so like with dr you do too. What's the big deal then with things seeming unreal? When I seem lost and not real is much more scary and hard to deal with for me.

#31 orca

orca

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

I think whatever you don't have as often would be worse as your not used to it as much as you primary symptom.

#32 Joshu

Joshu

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCentral Minnesota

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Please rephrase the question (INTJ lad speaking here.)

I usually have DR - I think it is because, at heart, I am an arrogant person. as in "I am fine, everything else is screwed up.' But when I have periods of high stress, the DP can kick in.

So, how would you code that?

J

#33 Iam4ever

Iam4ever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

for me its not derealisation even if i polled that.

for me diagnose derealization is miss diagnosis. as i understand, that the humans are so distracted that they live in derealization themself.  they dont see the real world, but illusion in culture and believing on it.

#34 Guest_bookcase2323_*

Guest_bookcase2323_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

They're the same thing

#35 sydneylondon

sydneylondon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

may I ask what the difference is? I am new to this Forum because I was looking for People who understand my Feelings, i don't know much about the disorder yet.

#36 Dillweed

Dillweed

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

DP is worse... That's a fact, not an opinion. Seems as though people have reached a general consensus that dr is worse..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users