Can we all agree that DR is worse than DP? - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Can we all agree that DR is worse than DP?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Can we all agree that DR is worse than DP? (346 member(s) have cast votes)

DP or DR?

1. Voted DR is worse (204 votes [58.96%])

Percentage of vote: 58.96%

2. Voted DP is worse (142 votes [41.04%])

Percentage of vote: 41.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Brando2600

Brando2600

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Can we?

#2 Guest_kandeeee_*

Guest_kandeeee_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Can we?

Yes!

#3 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1835 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

After all this time, I'm still not sure of what both of them are.. I mean, DR is when everything around you looks unreal right? And DP is when you don't feel real or feel like you're sort of a robot that does things without intention?
I always have both of them so I wouldn't really know.. but I guess things around me looking unreal freak me out a little more, so I'll pick DR as the worst.

#4 2deepathinker

2deepathinker

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

I experience DR more than I experience DP. I think I have DP because of having DR. I sometimes feel like I am dragging my body around, or even that it feels absurd to have a body. I almost always experience DR to some degree, and on the bad DR days, it stinks. I feel like I am not really here, everything is two dimensional like I am watching tv through my eyes, and I feel like I am about to fade away. I do think DR sucks because I think out of DR, comes the worries about why we exist, and why we are here as a species. I will be curious to hear what others have to say!

#5 insaticiable

insaticiable

• DPSH Members
  • 1702 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

I would have to say Yes, because when you feel semi-blind half the time and can't ''see'' things as clearly or as sharply as before, it plain out sucks! When you're walking around in a dream-like state and don't feel human, that also sucks! I'd have to agree with 2deepathinker and say that I believe my DR causes my DP. To be honest, I feel as if this ''veil'' or this ''fog'' that we all refer to as DR would lift, I would be THISSSSS MUCH closer to ''reality.'' <_<

#6 Olivia

Olivia

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

Dr gives me more anxiety, and it's partly th reason for some of my dp

#7 FoXS

FoXS

• DPSH Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationGerrrrmany

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:09 AM

yes.

#8 Mario

Mario

• DPSH Members
  • 672 posts
  • LocationMy Lost Soul

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

DR is much worse,at least for me.

#9 EverDream

EverDream

• DPSH Members
  • 1032 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

DR is worse than DP for me too. I experinced both of them very strong. Even though DP makes you feel dead among other things, it's still easier functioning and communicating with it comparing to DR.

#10 S O L A R I S

S O L A R I S

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

I think im one of the minorities in this poll.

I would say that DP is more challenging that DR. I do not really care about my external environment as much as I care about having deep emotions and connecting with myself and my experiences.

#11 ElectricRelaxation

ElectricRelaxation

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationN. Y.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

I feel like DP is worse because I got DR last summer and was actually able to cure myself with in two weeks by running every day and strict diet. DP can't really be cured like that.

#12 Zee Deveel

Zee Deveel

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

I guess it depends which you have worst. :)

Since it's so subjective, I don't think you're gonna get a unanimous decision on this, and really, what's the use in making that observation anyway? Doesn't help you at all.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users