How Can I Drink Safely? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

How Can I Drink Safely?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

So, I'm on klonopin and I've made the mistake of trying to drink while on it. I didn't take any for like 6 hours and like a 4 oz whiskey orange juice and the klonopin made me feel exactly like I did the night I drank 8 0z of whiskey and 2 tequilla shots (um puking in the toilet and passing out). How long does the klonopin need to be out of my system so that I can drink and not get knocked on my butt like that again? My birthday is coming up and I plan on getting drunk and dancing with some hot guys in the club.

#2 Hoopesy

Hoopesy

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationElkton, MD

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

So, I'm on klonopin and I've made the mistake of trying to drink while on it. I didn't take any for like 6 hours and like a 4 oz whiskey orange juice and the klonopin made me feel exactly like I did the night I drank 8 0z of whiskey and 2 tequilla shots (um puking in the toilet and passing out). How long does the klonopin need to be out of my system so that I can drink and not get knocked on my butt like that again? My birthday is coming up and I plan on getting drunk and dancing with some hot guys in the club.

I really
really
really
wouldn't advise drinking at all to be honest.

#3 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

I really
really
really
wouldn't advise drinking at all to be honest.

Why? Does it make the dp worse?

#4 Daniel C

Daniel C

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHermiston, OR

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

A lot of people say yes.

I used to smoke pot, a lot. But, I have realized that it's something I have to give up forever. Not saying that you have to give up alcohol forever. I haven't tried drinking with DP. I wouldn't know.

#5 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

Alcohol helps a LOT in my case (with a small exception for the last time) , too bad I can't drink right now since I'm on medication

#6 Xerei

Xerei

• DPSH Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationEarth, 3rd rock from the sun.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Alcohol helps a LOT in my case (with a small exception for the last time) , too bad I can't drink right now since I'm on medication

same here, it removed mine 100% during an episode once. you just gotta make sure you take REALLY little.

#7 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

Klonopin will last at least 24 hours and then some. Mixing the two is dangerous, don't drink anymore than you already have.

#8 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Klonopin will last at least 24 hours and then some. Mixing the two is dangerous, don't drink anymore than you already have.

I haven't yet. My birthday isn't until thursday :P

#9 Tommygunz

Tommygunz

friggin coolest dude ever!

• DPSH Members
  • 1359 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

dude, you're gonna have to come to spokane and go bar hoppin with me and my buddies. that would be super fun!!! B)

#10 Guest_ItCouldBeRobots_*

Guest_ItCouldBeRobots_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Drinking helped me a lot too. Well... I mean, I was a bit of an alcoholic during that time, lol. But I enjoyed the hell out of it and I was never too depressed while drunk.

The thing about the Klonopin is, since it chills your nerves out so much, it's hard to tell how drunk you are. It just kills the body high of booze and other drugs as well. You'll feel it mentally a lot and barely even feel it physically. It'd probably take at least 10 hours for the K to at all start wearing off. That stuff does last a looong time. Just drink slowly, and be safe.

#11 peacedove

peacedove

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

Drinking always helped with my DP... or perhaps masked it. But when asked by my therapist why I like drinking so much I would say because it's the only thing that makes me happy. I feel truly happy when drunk. Of course this turned me into a bit of an alcoholic... well I definitely had some long stretches of alcohol abuse if anything.

What sucks is my DP/anxiety are ten times worse the next day after drinking. Not to mention, the stupid things I have done while drunk, and the weight gain it can cause, the potential for the drinking to become a habit again...

and, drinking plus benzos is no good as you already know. I would always try not to take any if I knew I'd be drinking later that day. People die from that shit. They say not to even drink on SSRIs.

Really, alcohol isn't worth the risks, well in my opinion, which is why I have cut back so much. But I do still drink sometimes.

#12 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

dude, you're gonna have to come to spokane and go bar hoppin with me and my buddies. that would be super fun!!! B)

dude, can i come?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users