God DOES Punish Us - Page 4 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

God DOES Punish Us

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#37 Guest_guitarpwner_*

Guest_guitarpwner_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

So... where does your sense of justice come from? Why are we, according to your view, the only "animals" that have that? It's because it's built into us, because God is perfectly just. You want him to grade you on a curve. That wouldn't be just. We've broken the moral laws (which, by the way, you can't reasonably explain as an atheist) against an infinitely holy God. We've done things that we knew were wrong. How did we know? Cuz we're created with a conscience. And yes, an all-knowing God does know everything, even how we feel. He even came down in the person of Jesus and experienced it first hand. And he was perfectly obedient. And he submitted to being slaughtered, dying the death of the lowest, scum of the earth, dirtbag criminal, taking the full wrath of God that we deserve as sinners. Yes, all have sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God. Don't reject your redeemer, he's your only hope. Every knee will bow one day, voluntarily or not.
Peace.

lol..... thats the problem with christians.... trying to get people to believe through using the fear factor. face it man... you believe for comfort

#38 deadtoself

deadtoself

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

lol..... thats the problem with christians.... trying to get people to believe through using the fear factor. face it man... you believe for comfort

sorry dude, but believing in atheism would be for comfort. i'd have no reason for morals. i'd eat, drink, and be merry. but i'd rather have truth than temporary comfort. peace.

#39 Hoopesy

Hoopesy

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationElkton, MD

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Does any of this shit really matter? I mean these arguments get us nowhere. Believers need to acknowledge that they may very well be believing what they do for a false sense of comfort and that death could be the end of it all. Atheists need to acknowledge that there are many strange things in the human equation like the nature of consciousness and dreams so thoughts of something higher aren't that out there. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask these questions or even debate over them but don't turn it into a "my opinion is right and your opinion is wrong" thing. We should be searching for truth.

#40 EverDream

EverDream

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1032 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:35 PM

LOL, reading this is always funny.

I don't care you say anything you want about god. I change my view every day. Right now I hate god and he can go fuck himself (if he can of course). Good night you all.

#41 Pablo

Pablo

• DPSH Members
  • 1654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

LOL, reading this is always funny.

I don't care you say anything you want about god. I change my view every day. Right now I hate god and he can go fuck himself (if he can of course). Good night you all.

If god is omnipotent he can fuck himself no problem, and if he can do that why would he bother with us

#42 Mushishi

Mushishi

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

We punish ourselves.

#43 SixStringRoad

SixStringRoad

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

don't think of it as a punishment or a form of being doomed or it'll fuck your head up. think of it as a way to share with people who wish they had no emotion and were numb from the troubles of life. now we have the opportunity to tell them having no real emotion and being numbed out from the challenges in life isn't exactly what it seems. because emotions and challenges are what makes us grow to become better people in which others will remember us by when we pass away.

#44 daniyellyshmoo

daniyellyshmoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

God does punish his children, its just like you punishing your own,. you want them to learn ,and grow,being punished by the lord is a sign that he loves you, still ,and wants you to learn

i believe it..i keep thinking everything happens for a reason..that this is happening for a reason..i appreciate so much now,im ready to wake up..

#45 babybowrain

babybowrain

• DPSH Members
  • 956 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario, home, apartment.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Is that from the old testament or the new testament? I don't know about christianity but in judaism you're not supposed to take stuff literally always, there's interpertations and all that by religious leaders, that quote could mean anything.

#46 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I think DP is a protection mechanism created by ourselves to try escape suffering, but by trying to cut ourselves off from pain we also cut ourselves off from all that is good like love or God and cause ourselves more suffering as a result, so I don't think God is punishing us but we are unintentionally punishing ourselves by cutting ourselves off from the natural flow of love and acceptance.

You could call it "sin" I guess that we do this because it comes from egotistical beliefs that we can control the world and avoid suffering but I prefer the buddhist terms without any associations of guilt involved that it is more down to ignorance or taking the wrong path without the right guidance or proper support.

Oops I was reading this and tried to give it a +1 but accidentally hit -1. Sorry Pablo. This is the second time that's happened. Grrr. I reported it and it should be reversed soon.

#47 omniel

omniel

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

i think it can sometimes be good to see it as a lesson.

really if we had learnt 'the lesson' we wouldnt be here

#48 Guest_Phantasm_*

Guest_Phantasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

i think it can sometimes be good to see it as a lesson.

really if we had learnt 'the lesson' we wouldnt be here

Milton: "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, and a hell of heaven."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users