God DOES Punish Us - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

God DOES Punish Us

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I've heard so many people say that God doesn't punish you. That it's the devil. That dp couldn't be a punishment from God. I found these verses while reading the bible that confirm that God DOES in fact punish us.

Hebrews 12:7-13 says "As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Whoever heard of a child who was never disciplined? If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children after all. Since we respect our earthly fathers who disciplined us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to the discipline of our heavenly Father and live forever? For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God's discipline is always right and good for us because it means we will share in his holiness. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening--it is painful! But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.”

I can't help but wonder if dp is God's punishment to some of his children.

#2 Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*

Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

It's a fair question! Though...I was an Atheist right up until I got DP. DP has brought me closer to God! Though I'm starting to become Agnostic. But the question then becomes is DP a Karmic Debt? Which you asked before also... hmmm... it's something to think about. Thanks.

#3 lindsayloo

lindsayloo

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 96 posts
  • Locationspiritlake, Idaho

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

God does punish his children, its just like you punishing your own,. you want them to learn ,and grow,being punished by the lord is a sign that he loves you, still ,and wants you to learn

#4 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

God does punish his children, its just like you punishing your own,. you want them to learn ,and grow,being punished by the lord is a sign that he loves you, still ,and wants you to learn

Dp is one HORRIBLE punishment *sigh*

#5 Xerei

Xerei

• DPSH Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationEarth, 3rd rock from the sun.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

I've heard so many people say that God doesn't punish you. That it's the devil. That dp couldn't be a punishment from God. I found these verses while reading the bible that confirm that God DOES in fact punish us.

Hebrews 12:7-13 says "As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Whoever heard of a child who was never disciplined? If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children after all. Since we respect our earthly fathers who disciplined us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to the discipline of our heavenly Father and live forever? For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God's discipline is always right and good for us because it means we will share in his holiness. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening--it is painful! But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.”

I don't believe God is punishing you, Jesus died on the cross, by his blood we were forgiven, right there, right then our sins were forgiven, why would anyone punish someone who has already been forgiven? NO GOD DOES NOT PUNISH ANYONE! Jesus died! He removed all our sins, isn't that enough of a proof that he won't punish you? "ALL sins will be forgiven" the answer is there.

#6 peachy

peachy

• DPSH Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

i think there is a difference between discipline and punishment. discipline is about being stern with someone, like lets say you did something stupid and then had to face the ramifications of that situation. the discipline would come from God being stern with you and showing you the consequences but i do not think that God would ever outwardly punish somebody with something like dp. i think he would be stern and loving. it would be everything that he is against to say he would outwardly punish, like some human eye-for-an-eye kind of system. i suppose he could be about punishing but that specific verse doesn't imply that at all in my opinion.

#7 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl

• DPSH Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

i think there is a difference between discipline and punishment. discipline is about being stern with someone, like lets say you did something stupid and then had to face the ramifications of that situation. the discipline would come from God being stern with you and showing you the consequences but i do not think that God would ever outwardly punish somebody with something like dp. i think he would be stern and loving. it would be everything that he is against to say he would outwardly punish, like some human eye-for-an-eye kind of system. i suppose he could be about punishing but that specific verse doesn't imply that at all in my opinion.

That makes sense.

#8 Xerei

Xerei

• DPSH Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationEarth, 3rd rock from the sun.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

Oh, and just another thing:
When the evil people knows to give their children good gifts, how much shouldn't God give to them.
We're humans, we're evil by nature, but God understands that, he knows it, he can see our hearts. God is love, not revenge. If he wasn't a God of love, would he give his own son for us? No. If he was a god of revenge, wouldn't he be really mad at us for killing his son?
God is love, he gave us his son, the greatest gift we have ever received, of course we keep on with all our sins, but yet, they no longer count, Jesus took all our sins away, and besides, what sin would you do for God to punish you with DP?
Did you kill someone? Moses killed someone (I think it was Moses), God forgave him, and Moses had a close relationship with God.
And that dude who was hunting all christians, did God punish him? No, he led him to faith.
Moses was before Christ, the other dude was after, God's love is still as great then as today. Don't doubt it, God doesn't want his children to suffer. Maybe your parents were the kind of people that punished, but though God is your father, he doesn't punish anyone.

#9 Guest_ItCouldBeRobots_*

Guest_ItCouldBeRobots_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

How bout the 5 year olds that are raped and killed or hit by a car or get cancer? Is that God's punishment? Was it 'their time'?

Chewy

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

#10 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

I think we punish ourselves. Someone once said, "only you can send yourself to hell." Actually I think I said that. I think DP is hell, or in other words that hell is a state of mind. The opposite of that would be inner peace or peace of mind which to me is heaven.

#11 Pablo

Pablo

• DPSH Members
  • 1654 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

I think DP is a protection mechanism created by ourselves to try escape suffering, but by trying to cut ourselves off from pain we also cut ourselves off from all that is good like love or God and cause ourselves more suffering as a result, so I don't think God is punishing us but we are unintentionally punishing ourselves by cutting ourselves off from the natural flow of love and acceptance.

You could call it "sin" I guess that we do this because it comes from egotistical beliefs that we can control the world and avoid suffering but I prefer the buddhist terms without any associations of guilt involved that it is more down to ignorance or taking the wrong path without the right guidance or proper support.

#12 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

The bible is arguably the most powerful and dangerous mind control device ever created. Just look what it does to people. Just look at the original post in this thread. It is just a book! I know this is largely an american forum but damn, seing all the guilt/fear/confusion that this is causing so many people is troubling.

Peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users