wish it would stop - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

wish it would stop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_aminic_*

Guest_aminic_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 05:32 PM

i've said befor i have three weeks off vacaction..i work at a school.. there are three weeks between summer school that i work at and regular schoo.. i've gotten through one week.. i was like wow.. im doing pretty good.. bammm///week two.. falling apart.drinking a lot.. i just dont have any friends.. i dont know why.. i have friends in work.. i have old friends that just dont live around here...i have nothing to occupy my time.. no where to go .. no one to see.i've been drinking wine all day.. trying really hard not p panick. dont really know what this is that happens to me... wish it would stop.

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Validating
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

Hi there, I've been where you're at and I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad lately. I used to drink 6 to 8 beers a day, not to mention several glasses of wine.

I am not recovered from anxiety/DP/DR but I'm doing a little better with alcohol. I started working out vigorously 4 or 5 times a week and that has helped. I think if I stop working exercising that things might hit rock bottom again.

Actually, rock bottom for me, when all things are considered, might be now. Now not as in today, in particular, but now as in the past two years.

DP/DR along with severe anxiety and agoraphobic tendencies keeps me inside a lot. I just need to get the [email protected] to call a staffing firm so I can get another halfway decent job. I had a pretty good job for the longest time but then I was laid off and have been scared and anxious to interview since.

What you are experiencing is a phase. It will pass. Try to put some things in place so that you slowly-but-surely are poised to recover. I went to AA although I believe I made the decision to quit because I gained 65 pounds -- I believe most of the extra weight was due to hardcore drinking.

Now, some time later, I've lost the 65 pounds and am back where I was 7 or 8 years ago.

If you have any specific questions please post them here and I will be happy to listen and offer you any suggestions. I'm glad you posted your message because I can certainly relate to both the drinking and also the not doing much part.

Jeff

#3 Guest_aminic_*

Guest_aminic_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

someone that relates to my drinking part is nice.. i dont drink a lot..but when im not working and in the house isolated .. i tend to start drinking agian.. i use to drink socialy a lot. my body cant handle it so i will stop and then start again. i am feeling a little better tonight. i have a funeral to go to tomorrow..my great aunt died.. thats sad ..but i will be out of the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users