DP + Marijuana. Some questions... - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DP + Marijuana. Some questions...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#13 Zee Deveel

Zee Deveel

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Alright, so.. My DP started because of Marijuana. I was a heavy smoker and had a bad trip and you all know the rest.

My questions is. Once I get over DP and come back to life. ( Iv been getting better, too! ) Should I try smoking again? It was a huge part of my life and it's something I miss dearly. I just don't want to recover and smoke a bowl and then have like a complete flashback of everything I'm going through/went through. Any thoughts?

Are you an idiot?

There's more to life than smoking weed mate.

#14 razer777

razer777

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

Try K2 instead.lol. The thing is, many of us on here enjoyed smoking weed before it brought us here. It's not like we're representatives of D.A.R.E. And many times I've smoked weed since only to end up keeping a panic attack at bay and saying "oh my god I'm so fucking stupiiid. Give me something to eat!" lol

This girl I know smoked some K2 on april 20th and had a SEVERE panic attack. She was on the ground crying and shaking and screaming that she was dying. And the times when i've tried synthetic marijuana it always gave me weird anxiety in a way that mj rarely did.

#15 Daniel C

Daniel C

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHermiston, OR

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Are you an idiot?

There's more to life than smoking weed mate.

Question is, are you an idiot? Can you even read?

I never said anything about it being my whole life. It just was a big part that I enjoyed. It would be like if you had a recreational activity and could never do it again. Seriously though, it was just a question.

#16 Daniel C

Daniel C

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHermiston, OR

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Are you insane. I made the mistake of messing with the stuff when I was young and I'm still paying the price. I still can't believe what I actually done, it feels like it was a different person. How can you miss something that will funk your head up and give you lung cancer?

I guess you don't know much about marijuana. Judging by your lashing post, I guess you're not too familiar with this site.

I wouldn't go around saying " Are you insane " on these forums. Have some consideration and common courtesy.

Second; THC (the active compound in Marijuana) doesn't 'funk' you brain up. Some people react badly to the effects of Marijuana though. It's an aberration when it happens, but when it does you get a forum full of people with DP/DR.

Smoking ANYTHING will cause Lung Cancer. Marijuana not as predominate as cigarettes, but still possible.

Please watch your posts on this site. This is a community bound on helping one-an-other.

#17 d61591

d61591

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

I use to smoke at least 2-3.5 grams a day from the time I was 15.. Use to love it, but I'll never touch it again..Use to be a treehead feel me lol

#18 thinkpositive

thinkpositive

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

I use to smoke at least 2-3.5 grams a day from the time I was 15.. Use to love it, but I'll never touch it again..Use to be a treehead feel me lol

I smoke weed a good amount and it's great, my dp is stress caused, weed helps me to be honest

#19 d61591

d61591

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts
  • Locationcali

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

marijuana does not have the same effect on me that it use to...Makes my dp worse,same for any type of drug, even cigarettes.

#20 Tacxj

Tacxj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

I really just want to put my two cents in here as contrast. I don't smoke pot often because when I do, it makes me extremely anxious and paranoid. But, I noticed recently that sometimes when I smoke I get the feeling that things are 'Super Real', I get really aware. I think I was freaking out because it feels like being forcibly pulled out of DP, and if I don't concentrate extremely hard I fall back into the haze and my limbs feel awkward and uncontrollable and it's all really hard.

I know that marijuana (through many testimonies) can trigger people's DP, but I don't think that the two necessarily go together, even in those with DP. I think it has a lot to do with how anxious you are at the time of and around smoking, and how Depersonalized you've been in that period of time. Obviously I'm not going to sit here and advocate drug use, but I will say that if anyone is worried, but wants that recreational aspect back in their life (read: normalcy, maybe you want to do the things you used to without having DP get in the way even in recovery) then I suggest they try smoking. If you have a bad trip, try not to lose the progress you've made and your perspective and learn that maybe your body just reacts differently than others, and respect that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users