DP + Marijuana. Some questions... - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DP + Marijuana. Some questions...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel C

Daniel C

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHermiston, OR

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

Due to some misunderstanding about the original post here, let me clear things up.

I smoked Marijuana for a bit over a year, It caused a severe panic attack which I believe to be the lead cause of my DP.

Now, I originally asked if I should try smoking again after things clear up. I now know that I WILL NOT ever smoke again. Smoking MJ was a huge RECREATIONAL part of my life. (please look up the meaning before you say " Life isn't all about weed " or something related)

I simply wanted to know if you could go back to it. I now know.

#2 Guest_Auldie_*

Guest_Auldie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

Alright, so.. My DP started because of Marijuana. I was a heavy smoker and had a bad trip and you all know the rest.

My questions is. Once I get over DP and come back to life. ( Iv been getting better, too! ) Should I try smoking again? It was a huge part of my life and it's something I miss dearly. I just don't want to recover and smoke a bowl and then have like a complete flashback of everything I'm going through/went through. Any thoughts?

I wouldnt risk it, i know what you mean tho i used to smoked a ton of weed and miss it alot as well.

#3 Rogue Bullies

Rogue Bullies

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

No no no! There is a reason u had this reaction and your body is telling you something. I smoked for years and was fine, until that one day when I had the bad trip and then got DP. I wont ever risk it again and I have heard many people trying it again get DP again. To risky, not worth a drug. Glad ur feeling better!

#4 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

Sometimes cannabis just turns on people ive noticed this alot actually as people my age get older. It used to just make them happy and everything when they where younger but now it makes them edgy. So i would say not to risk it if your getting better.

Im glad that i can still smoke the stuff 24/7 and have no return of dp/dr or brain fog symptoms :D

#5 Rain409

Rain409

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

i also have dp and have been smoking herb just about everyday for a year. smoking isnt even very enjoyable with dp. i feal like its just intensified the effects of dp

#6 chippy!

chippy!

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Alright, so.. My DP started because of Marijuana. I was a heavy smoker and had a bad trip and you all know the rest.

My questions is. Once I get over DP and come back to life. ( Iv been getting better, too! ) Should I try smoking again? It was a huge part of my life and it's something I miss dearly. I just don't want to recover and smoke a bowl and then have like a complete flashback of everything I'm going through/went through. Any thoughts?

Are you insane. I made the mistake of messing with the stuff when I was young and I'm still paying the price. I still can't believe what I actually done, it feels like it was a different person. How can you miss something that will funk your head up and give you lung cancer?

#7 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

Are you insane. I made the mistake of messing with the stuff when I was young and I'm still paying the price. I still can't believe what I actually done, it feels like it was a different person. How can you miss something that will funk your head up and give you lung cancer?

Some people just like the effects of cannabis and there have been numerous studies done that say it actually has anti-cancer properties. And if you don't trust the studies eat it or get a vaporizer.

If you think thats insane you should see the list of drugs ive done. Now they will funk your head up good and proper :wacko:

#8 idontknow

idontknow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:59 AM

i would say no. i dont even know if mj did it for me. but i do know that it really made me realize it. i feel like sometime in my early teens it started but once i smoked i really realized it. it just hit me so hard. now i dont even know anymore i'm so lost. lol and sometimes i get the urge to do mj again just to get away from real life and stuff. and just to be happy. but the after effect and the DR is just not worth it later on. i cant tell the difference anymore lol i'm scared. just dont do it again. try to stay off it. lose your weed contacts or something. delete numbers so you dont get tempted.

#9 Brando2600

Brando2600

• DPSH Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

No way man, Marijuana has brought 1000s of people (including me) into this horrible thing. If it happend once, it will likely happen again.

#10 kanyeknievel

kanyeknievel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Idk man, the problem was you probably stopped smoking, and smoked as much as you normally would and got too high and equalled a bad trip. Thats what happened to me. Now if u get beter and you WORRY about the DP and THINK about it coming back, then theres your problem. If ur nervous going to try it, it may turn out bad. I know people on other websites, a weed-based website, that had DP and smoking fine now. IF YOU DO smoke when its gone, i suggest the following . 1. VAPORIZE for a while until you are used to it 2. TAKE 1 OR 2 hits thats it, thats all you needed in the begining and thats all youll need again. 3. If you are nervous about it , find some klonopin, valium, or xanax and take that before u smoke, smoke then u wont be anxious about it, and after a few times of u taking the benzo to calm you down and get u used to smoking again, go without it.

I feel you man, im gonna smoke again when i can, i mean really. HOW MANY PEOPLE go through life without DP and smoke all the time? HOW MANY TIMES did you smoke and not get DP? my answer is hundreds and hundreds of times. its all a matter of how u do it. you got TOO high, that was the problem, so dont smoke as much and when u have a tolerence and are used to it, bam, your good to go.

#11 S.Snake

S.Snake

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

No way man, Marijuana has brought 1000s of people (including me) into this horrible thing. If it happend once, it will likely happen again.

i agree with this.

i cant even drink now because as i was getting better i got a little drunk and the effects came back. so im pretty much quitting all that stuff. however ill still have the occasional beer or martini.

if you really miss the act of smoking, smoke cigars(make sure you dont inhale though) or perhaps hookah.

#12 Minerva8979

Minerva8979

• DPSH Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Try K2 instead.lol. The thing is, many of us on here enjoyed smoking weed before it brought us here. It's not like we're representatives of D.A.R.E. And many times I've smoked weed since only to end up keeping a panic attack at bay and saying "oh my god I'm so fucking stupiiid. Give me something to eat!" lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users