Depersonalization Support Forum banner

whats your age?

2K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Tommygunz 
#1 ·
im 37 and first got ill back in 1991 when i was 18 after a bad acid trip.

#8 ·
i think the younger ones have a better chance of getting well,cos back in 91 the docs just said depression heres some pills,it wasnt really recognised when i got it,only recently have i found out what it is,plus there is the internet now.(god i sound like an old man)which can be a relief for some, finding others who feel the same.i just spent the last 18 years thinking i fried my brain which has only added fuel to the fire.

#11 ·
umm not sure if i belong here to post here sorry if not..
im 33. anxiety started in childhood and prgressed in teens..
if dissociation is for of dp tne i do dp all the time every single day.. started in february triggerd by lots and lots stess and anxiety and worry,

sarah- my little me which maybe caused by dp-which im not sure of.. she is 6

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Eighteen

I've had DP since I was ≤6. It was either abuse induced or drug induced. I haven't figured that out yet.

I found looking at the sky and watching my visual snow more fun than most things. I hated school because I had no friends but I hated home more because I felt very unsafe there.

I started to get close to someone when I was 8 and we were kind of friends.
Then she was killed.
I think that's the last time I cried.

Then I used to talk to cameras I thought were in my room and I used to lock myself away when I could in case my family decided to eat me because I thought they were really monsters.
But I was cool being thrown around a bit because at least I had DP and it wasn't really me. And that did happen…
But yeah I was a bit delusional as well.
I'm not any more.

G
#23 · (Edited)
Hang in there friend! We could all go mad like the hatter from alice in wonderland.
Who wants to celebrate their unbirthdays? or maybe celebrate their DP BIRTHDAYS? HA! I'll be 7 sometime in Early July this year... cause we all know this is like another life... haha..ha...

#25 ·
24, got it april 2009, recovered around march/april 2010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.