DP versus hallucinogenic flashback - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DP versus hallucinogenic flashback

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Carrie

Carrie

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

The doctor as well as my mom believe that these DP episodes have something to do with laced weed in the past (probably laced with PCP).

So when I have these DP episodes, my time perception goes wrong. I feel like my eyes are swollen and I'm light sensitive. Again, the world looks like a dream. Is this a common symptom or could I be having flashbacks as well? Does anyone here have non-drug-induced DP that has felt this way?

#2 Justwannabeme

Justwannabeme

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have the swollen eye thing as well, its like im just crazy tired all the time and have to fight to keep them open. Im a firm believer that DP is anxiety induced, even if drugs induced your original anxiety/ panic attacks, DP is a symptom of anxiety( consciously or not). Thats my story and im stickin too it!!!!! But seriously, i hope that helped :)

#3 Justwannabeme

Justwannabeme

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

I have the swollen eye thing as well, its like im just crazy tired all the time and have to fight to keep them open. Im a firm believer that DP is anxiety induced, even if drugs induced your original anxiety/ panic attacks, DP is a symptom of anxiety( consciously or not). Thats my story and im stickin too it!!!!! But seriously, i hope that helped :)

I havnt used drugs in over 12 years and my DP symptoms didnt start until last Aug.

#4 Carrie

Carrie

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

That's what I've been telling my mom. The drugs might have started it a 6 months ago, but there's something else that's bringing it back, whether it's anxiety or depression.

#5 Justwannabeme

Justwannabeme

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:27 PM

That's what I've been telling my mom. The drugs might have started it a 6 months ago, but there's something else that's bringing it back, whether it's anxiety or depression.

Well, im sure you cant help but to think that sometimes as well, i kno ive been there. The best thing for you to do is put that thought out of your head! That might be a big step in releiving your symptoms, your in a constant struggle in your head trying to figure out what these feelings are, therefore keeping your anxiety (conscious and sub conscious) at a high level. Its an ongoing circle, the more you think about it the more anxiety and then the same symptoms, just remember these feelings are unpleasant but not harmful.

#6 Rogue Bullies

Rogue Bullies

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Mine was just weed related, I took to much for my body to handle. Yes I have terrible light sensitivity, dizziness and the dream like feeling. Sometimes I feel lost or out of place like I am not in my own body.

I agree that it may have come back due to anxiety issues. I have what is called drug induced anxiety from the experience which is where the DP comes from. DP can be present at very low levels of anxiety and can take a while to fade out. However I am learning to cope with it a little better.

#7 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

When in the name of fuck will people realize that the whole PCP laced weed thing is 99% myth! It makes no fucking sense at all and ive never even known anyone to get weed laced with PCP let alone gotten it myself which is saying alot considering the huge amounts of weed i smoked over the years and how many potheads ive known. I have had weed mixed with PCP but this was because i specifically went out to buy some and asked for the stuff. It was more expensive then weed and they sure as hell where not giving it away for free. Dealers are out to make a profit plain and simple so they arent going to give you a drug like PCP for free when they can sell it seperatly and make way more money.

Also a single dose of PCP is very unlikely to cause any long lasting problems at all. It's not the demon drug that the media made it out to be in the 70's and 80's but i find it to be highely unpleasant to say the least. I may have liked it in lower doses as out of all the dissociatives ive tried PCP was the only one i didnt like. So all it is really is another dissociative. It's effects are alot more like DXM then ketamine for me atleast because ketamine does not have that "dirty" feeling that PCP and DXM have. Probably because it is more selective then either of those i think.

If i didnt know first hand that doctors where so stupid and ignorant id hardly believe that a doctor would say that. Also light sensitivity is a very common symptom of dp/dr. I myself had it.

#8 ElectricRelaxation

ElectricRelaxation

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationN. Y.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

lol at thinking the weed was laced with PCP. PCP is a serious dissacociative, if you were on it you would know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users