I am Proof (must read) - Page 5 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I am Proof (must read)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#49 daydreambeliever

daydreambeliever

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, nothing has worked for me for more than a few months. I continue to eat right and exercise. It helps. But I hate to be a downer. I don't think I will ever recover. I've had it for as far back as I can remember and I'm in my 50s now. It's the worst it's ever been. I'm down to trying to figure out how to keep going at this point in my life. Thanks for your post though.

#50 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Was it drug induced or anxiety?

#51 SundaySeance

SundaySeance

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Was it drug induced or anxiety?

Why would someone who was truly cured still browse DPselfhelp forums?

#52 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Because I believe I have solid reasoning: to give insight to current sufferers and if that means my communication giving one person a sense of comfort and reassurance, then that is a good thing. I am indeed DR free. It was the longest abstract hell of my life but I am recovered. I have no reason to lie about that. That would be just sick. I am hardly on the forum though. I receive emails from sufferers and provide my support.

#53 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Also, when I was going through DR, I was so friggin' scared and alone. I dont want others to feel that way. people deserve hope.

#54 Katya

Katya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Tork

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I can't believe the similarities. My parents are the exact same way. My life within my family is exactly the same way. There's was a whole bunch of other personal matters going on in my family but it is like the exact same way my family is. And my dp/dr started with weed and it's been going on for almost a full year. At least now i know to stay away fron drugs haha. This story gives me hope even if I don't know how long it will take :) Thank you.

#55 sheldon780

sheldon780

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

No trauma in my childhood but I was a very anxious baby. Diagnosed with panic disorder and had in when I was 12 (2001) Dealt with hypochondria on and off until 3 weeks ago today, NOW its Dp/DR which I have had before but not neaely as bad, so mine is caused by anxiety, which I thought i had beat, but this is ok, all this means is I have some work to do, Im a lot better then I was last week so it does get better and it loses its grasp slowly, time and distraction is the best tteatment people!!! Good to hear yoir recovery Supportyou, thanks for all of the support, we really do appriciate it, even the ones who are a little rude haha :)

#56 SuperShae

SuperShae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hey I'm new here. I'm 16 years old and a girl. I got DP from a bad drug experience. I feel really hopeless at the moment. I feel like I'll never get better and I'll always be like this. I don't want to be like this forever... It terrifys me. I can't even do anything anymore without feeling it. I know I'm young but it's ruining my life and making me depressed. I've always had a little anxiety but never this bad! Nothing I do to distract myself works. I'm terrified I'm going to lose myself completely and turn into a mindless THING like in tv shows :( I've had this for a few months now and I think my therapist doesn't even know what to do.
PLEASE can anyone give me a idea of what to do to make it stop so I can enjoy my life again. I don't want to miss out on being young from this. Please please :(

#57 fairydpd

fairydpd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

I wonder if I have hppd too as I used a lot of drugs when I was younger and recently used a lot of loratab ???

#58 Victor Ouriques

Victor Ouriques

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPonta Grossa,Brazil

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

I wonder if I have hppd too as I used a lot of drugs when I was younger and recently used a lot of loratab ???

As far as I know people with HPPD tend to have visual and sound distortion,not just the unreal feeling.

Of course HPPD is more related to derealization too.

#59 Skynet

Skynet

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

It does not take months or years to recover. I've had DP a few different times. When it went away it always happened in an instant like someone flipped a switch! THAT FAST! So don't believe any BS about this having to be a long process. It's only a long process when your brain become stuck in your little DP world. But it literally ony takes a split second to return to normal once you drop the fear and finally relax.

#60 dpdr

dpdr

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

if you were cured in 2004. It is is insane you still smoke pot. Pot is the worst trigger for DR/DP.

What medications do you take? only zoloft or also a benzo?

Tell us what helps you. What reliefs the most for DR. How do we get the world real again. If im spacing on 1 mg klonopin, i'm pretty relaxed, my Closed eyes visions go away too. HPPD+ DP/DR is a Hell.

I have become a grumpy, cynical depressed man because of this, i cannot feel any damn feeling only hate to myself and people making fun of me because i screwed up.

I want to be happy. I cannot drink anymore too, my social life is ruined, i cannot even talk properly anymore.

I took too much MDMA in combination with Speed and ALOT of beer and Lorazepam to get some relief of the trip, from then i changed in a very anxied guy who needs help, but no-one understands it, they only talk about meditation, I cannot meditate when i have CLosed eye visions it drives me insane.

HELP, [email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users