I am Proof (must read) - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I am Proof (must read)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#13 Dyna

Dyna

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Thank you support you. I am on year 17. You had it for 7 years, how long are you recovered? You took an SSRI for support but do you believe we Chronic DPers make the journey longer by obssesing over it. Why do you think you had it for years when others recover in a relatively short period of time. In essence what do you blieve is the best rute to recovery-meds, therapy. Many people say stop looking for a soluion and accpt it and it will fade once yo don't give it atention. Do you believe this? Your mail indicates that you continued to search/research for your solution throughout your 7 years. I have mainly accepted that this is with me for life and I have learn to function with it but feel my life is completely compromised. But I imagine if it ever did go that I would be so overjoyed and take life by storm.

Your home environment sounds alot like mine was when I was growing up. My mother however was my saviour! Very gentle peaceful woman, but never really understood what I was going through.

PS I got a flash back when you mentioned Mother Hen, I remember her from the orginal DP forum. I always use the handler Dyna. I remember her being very kind and generous with her support. She got DP after the birth of her baby if I remeber correctly, who is probably a teenager now!!

Thanks for the very inspiring post. Best wishes to you and yours. Dyna

#14 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

Thank you support you. I am on year 17. You had it for 7 years, how long are you recovered? You took an SSRI for support but do you believe we Chronic DPers make the journey longer by obssesing over it. Why do you think you had it for years when others recover in a relatively short period of time. In essence what do you blieve is the best rute to recovery-meds, therapy. Many people say stop looking for a soluion and accpt it and it will fade once yo don't give it atention. Do you believe this? Your mail indicates that you continued to search/research for your solution throughout your 7 years. I have mainly accepted that this is with me for life and I have learn to function with it but feel my life is completely compromised. But I imagine if it ever did go that I would be so overjoyed and take life by storm.

Your home environment sounds alot like mine was when I was growing up. My mother however was my saviour! Very gentle peaceful woman, but never really understood what I was going through.

PS I got a flash back when you mentioned Mother Hen, I remember her from the orginal DP forum. I always use the handler Dyna. I remember her being very kind and generous with her support. She got DP after the birth of her baby if I remeber correctly, who is probably a teenager now!!

Thanks for the very inspiring post. Best wishes to you and yours. Dyna

Hi Dyna - I recovered in 2004....

#15 Screaming Man

Screaming Man

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Great story, looks like I need to start going to the gym.

#16 nicon

nicon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 69 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

i remeber mother hen too very well, she was great, and brought me strength when my dp was worst.

#17 koastN

koastN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

makes me happy :)
i droppped out of college like 3 days ago
taking off a semester (hopefully) to take
care of myself. horrible horrible DR.
First inspiring story to recovery!
thanks!!

#18 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

Do what you need to do. Remember, you are still You, as you were born. Just hang in there. The mind does messed up things to us sometimes. It's a defense mechanism. :)

makes me happy :)
i droppped out of college like 3 days ago
taking off a semester (hopefully) to take
care of myself. horrible horrible DR.
First inspiring story to recovery!
thanks!!

#19 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

I miss her dearly. She helped me out so many times when I was down. She didn't give up on me even though my need for reassurance was relentless! Ha! :)

i remeber mother hen too very well, she was great, and brought me strength when my dp was worst.

#20 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:04 AM

Dyna what is your most debilitating symptoms and how do you go about your day? I tried several SSRIs and my home didn't make me feel any closer to better. The house was were it was triggered. Very stressful. I was always set on recovering. It was sudden, after a nap from college and wham! The vacuume cleaner in my room suddenly was so friggin' foreign and abstract looking. And I was questioning it. I knew right away this crap isn't normal. I was petrified.

Hi Dyna - I recovered in 2004....

#21 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

I remember my "dreams" were just fog with some orangey clouds. So abstract and depersonalized in my initial dreams. Language also felt weird to speak and see/speak/hear words themselves. Lol

Dyna what is your most debilitating symptoms and how do you go about your day? I tried several SSRIs and my home didn't make me feel any closer to better. The house was were it was triggered. Very stressful. I was always set on recovering. It was sudden, after a nap from college and wham! The vacuume cleaner in my room suddenly was so friggin' foreign and abstract looking. And I was questioning it. I knew right away this crap isn't normal. I was petrified.

#22 SupportYou

SupportYou

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

I remember my "dreams" were just fog with some orangey clouds. So abstract and depersonalized in my initial dreams. Language also felt weird to speak and see/speak/hear words themselves. Lol

#23 Nicole_22

Nicole_22

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

Thank u so much for that inspiring story. i believe there is hope for me and everyone else! It DOES end... its a matter of PATIENCE! xx

#24 Dyna

Dyna

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

My most debilitating symptom is feeling like I am in a dream state and not with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users