DOPAMINE - Page 3 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

DOPAMINE

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#25 surf

surf

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

I think part of what is so difficult is that there are a number of things which are known to cause symptoms of DP. I tend to think everyone's case is unique. Some people have symptoms of DP from smoking pot or taking psychedelics, others have symptoms of DP from childhood abuse, people have reported DP from Lyme Disease and Celiac aka gluten allergies. Then there are those who have symptoms of DP from anxiety and panic attacks.

I was just looking through my medical file (which is 4 inches thick now) and came across some blood work that showed: low dopamine, low seratonin, low GABA, low cortisol, and low DHEA levels. It was blood work done from a doctor that somehow I didn't end up following through with. There were a few notes he jotted down about which supplements I should take and they were literally identical to the ones Tommygunz listed. I thought that was pretty interesting.

For me DP just happened one day, no panic attack, no prior drug use. I'm starting to believe that for me personally it has something to do with adrenal fatigue caused by pituitary damage as that is what all my current tests are pointing to.

#26 Dyna

Dyna

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi Surfing is fun-How do you know that youhave damage to your pituitary? Also I asked my GP about checking out cortisol levels and she it was hard to distinguish between good and bad levels?

#27 surf

surf

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hi Surfing is fun-How do you know that youhave damage to your pituitary? Also I asked my GP about checking out cortisol levels and she it was hard to distinguish between good and bad levels?

The pituitary gland and the adrenals work together to produce cortisol. I've been seeing an endocrinologist who has found out that I have very low cortisol levels and diagnosed me with severe adrinal fatigue. He says the cause is either from damage to the pituitary or a pituitary tumor and I had an MRI done on my pituitary showing there was no tumor. Around the time I got DP I had been boxing a lot and been knocked out a few times so it kind of makes sense.

#28 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

Ther are so many physical factors that can cause or make a difference in DP/DR that I´m having trouble remembering them all, not to mention remembering their names in swedish :P some day I´m gonna have to scan the forum and write it all down so I can question my doctors about it and ask for tests. I have had no tests done at all except for the standard bloodwork.

Off the top of my head:

Thyroid
Adrenal Fatigue
Serotonin
Dopamine
Norepinephrine
Cortisol
Gaba
Allergies
Candida
Epilepsy in various forms

What have I forgotten?

#29 cris24333

cris24333

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts
  • Locationchicago,illinois

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

when i get scared i feel like i cant really get scared

#30 Aridity

Aridity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

when i get scared i feel like i cant really get scared

What has that to do with this thread? Also,I really really dont know what caused my DP/DR. I just happened one day,I noticed when I stood on my balcony and the world seemed so fucking weird,I thought wtf uhm maybe I have had not to much sunlight,as I basically sat isolated in my room for a very very long time,I didn't eat well and my sleeping habit was very very bad. Maybe my DR/DP has something to do with that? I also had two Migraine attacks with Aural vision,the first one was very sever when the seconde was only aura vision but not really a major headache. but I also dont know if that caused my DR/DP I just totally forgot the day when I got it,and that makes me really desperate as knowing the cause is a vital thing to know. And also the thing that is making me nuts,that every fucking single person on this fucking damn world,says a different thing,I dont know what to believe anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users