Anastesia, SOMEONE HELP - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Anastesia, SOMEONE HELP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jgard10_*

Guest_Jgard10_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Ok guys, i'm getting surgery on my knee (tore some cartilage) they told me I certainly need to be knocked out fully, no spinal tap, so i'm nervous because i take 5mg of Klonopin a day, and 200 mg of Diphenhydramine a night to sleep. I can also hold my own with the alcohol. When i had a colonoscopy a few years back, they were giving me a bunch of stuff, and it still wasn't knocking me out, i'm nervous they aren't going to be able to knock me out, anyone with anastesia knowledge please respond, let me know if i'm crazy or should be worried, thanks.

#2 Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*

Guest_ThoughtOnFire_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

Man that shit is going to hit you so hard you won't see it coming! They'll give it to you then ask you to count down from 10...and before you say Ten, Ni... you'll be out. And if not just inform them you are awake, they won't proceed to operate until you are out cold. Then they'll give you more. Don't worry mate, they are professionals!

#3 codeblue213

codeblue213

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

yeh, you can't even stay awake if you try with that stuff.

#4 Guest_Jgard10_*

Guest_Jgard10_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

Ok phew, thanks guys, yea the whole not being knocked out for the colonoscpy thing made me nervous but i'm guessing they use a lot of stronger drugs for real surgery.

#5 nabber

nabber

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:26 AM

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple years ago (all 4) they just gassed me up. I had a root canal and it was too close to the wisdom tooth so they had to break a small part of my jaw to make room, that's when they put the anesteia into my vain, I was semi-conscious before (not really even) and then it was lights out. They woke me up a couple hours later and I was good to go. Months supply of opiates I'd do it all over again free of charge! I'll be your punching bag just try to knock the ones in the back out, oh and punch my with your left hand so my nose can get straitened out.

#6 nabber

nabber

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:27 AM

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple years ago (all 4) they just gassed me up. I had a root canal and it was too close to the wisdom tooth so they had to break a small part of my jaw to make room, that's when they put the anesteia into my vain, I was semi-conscious before (not really) and then it was lights out. They woke me up a couple hours later and I was good to go. Months supply of opiates I'd do it all over again free of charge! I'll be your punching bag just try to knock the ones in the back out, oh and punch my with your left hand so my nose can get straitened out.

#7 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

You have nothing to worry about. Anesthesiologists know their stuff and are very used to dealing with all sorts of people. Many people are on high doses of benzodiazepines and opiates at the same time and get surgery done everyday so they are used to seing people with high tolerances to the drugs they use.

For getting a colonoscopy you would just be given midazolam more then likely or sometimes fentanyl. I think they very rarely use fentanyl though and just go with straight midazolam. You arent always knocked out but you won't remember most of what happened and you usually won't be in pain because you are so messed up.

For the operation you are getting they will knock you out though. Probably with a strong opioid suck as fentanyl with midazolam and a knock out anesthic. Sorry im too lazy too look up the spelling of them right now -_- . But don't worry theyve seen people with alot higher tolerances then you and those people get put under.

Don't worry about it but make sure they know what meds your on and what dose as well.

#8 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Holy shit CN havent seen you on the forum since... ever. You´ve had a rival called Absentis on here, If you and him banged your heads together you would probably cure DP/DR and Cancer.

#9 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:12 AM

Holy shit CN havent seen you on the forum since... ever. You´ve had a rival called Absentis on here, If you and him banged your heads together you would probably cure DP/DR and Cancer.

Well ive been up to alot the past year or so and havent had much time to come on here. Plus dp/dr is not really a issue for me anymore as it seems to be completely gone. This is despite the huge quantity of psychedelics, cannabis and amphetamines i have taken over the past year :unsure: . So yeah the clonazepam is still working wonders for me.

I have read some of absentis posts before and he is one smart cookie. Maybe we should put our heads together and try to figure out treatments for people with dp/dr that are rather medication resistant. Although to be perfectly honest i think curing some cancers would probably be much easier.

#10 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Well ive been up to alot the past year or so and havent had much time to come on here. Plus dp/dr is not really a issue for me anymore as it seems to be completely gone. This is despite the huge quantity of psychedelics, cannabis and amphetamines i have taken over the past year :unsure: . So yeah the clonazepam is still working wonders for me.

I have read some of absentis posts before and he is one smart cookie. Maybe we should put our heads together and try to figure out treatments for people with dp/dr that are rather medication resistant. Although to be perfectly honest i think curing some cancers would probably be much easier.

I forgot to mention Tommygunz along with Absentis, If he joined the team there would be perfect balance between "traditional" and "alternative" medicine :) That´d make one hell of a team of healers. Using the word Healers instead of Doctors because I dont really know your and Absentis titles, Although I think Absentis has a licence to practice pharmacology or something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users