Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like.......... - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like..........

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#13 Guest_SoulBrotha_*

Guest_SoulBrotha_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

now i need to figure out what I NEED to do

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Validating
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 11:54 PM

they just want to end it & put yourself out of this misery. I know Jasonfar told me in another post that i whine & complain too much, but this isn't that. Right now im just feeling totally hopeless, ALMOST to the point where i just wanna say f--- it. I don't know if i could ever bring myself to the point of suic***, but i just feel like now that all of this has happened & ive been exposed to this whole DP/DR, anxiety, drug, hell, that how will i ever feel good about life & about the world again?

i know i sound like im complaining, but im really not trying to.

Soulbrotha, You're not obsessed with the date of your first DP/DR experience are you? I'm crazy over anything dated 10.28.1994, the date of my first big, heretofore unabated panic, DP/DR marathon.

It could be worse -- at least you're not sleeping with newspapers from the date of your first DP/DR episode. :-) I can't get over this damn date, for some reason. It's like my life (or at least reality as I knew it) STOPPED on OCTOBER 28, 1994. Help!

Janine... Everyone ... --- thoughts, suggestions?!

Posted Image

#15 kenc127

kenc127

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

I echo what dakota said. you gotta do this thing sober if you can. meds are simply a last resort. only take them if you simply cannot function. If you can do life without them, then that is the best way. It may be the road less traveled, but its the better option in my opinion. Hang in there SB. There are lots of us here to talk to if need me.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

Do you feel like youre attempting to save up enough evidence in the hope that one day you will have time to go over it all and perhaps find the trigger to what caused the DP?

• Validating
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:04 AM

Do you feel like youre attempting to save up enough evidence in the hope that one day you will have time to go over it all and perhaps find the trigger to what caused the DP?

The trigger was taking 3 Vivarin tablets (600mg of Caffeine). I even tried a ridiculous catharsis where I took 3 Vivarin tablets again and again and again, and I couldn't bring on a panic attack (was trying to induce the same-sized panic attack as in 1994). I got some relief from this experiment and the DP/DR went away for a few hours, but came roaring back.

Thanks for your reply.

Jeff

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:19 AM

You'll probably never find an answer as to why this happened to you, and even if it didnt it would never amount to anything more than just some short term relief. We need to keep looking forward for ways which we can make our future a better place to live.

#19 university girl

university girl

• DPSH Members
  • 783 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:44 AM

sb,

just when i think i'm feeling better it all falls down. i feel like shit.

-uni-girl

#20 Guest_ReedWW_*

Guest_ReedWW_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:44 AM

well, sb, my one suggestion is to try and see a counselor/therapist. there's a lot of things that i'm sure you've yet to examine about WHY you keep yourself so stuck on dp/dr so constantly. from your posts i would think that your constant focus on your dp is one of the things that is keeping you from recovering/perpetuating your feelings of helplessness. at the very least, finding a therapist/someone to talk to could help things dramatically. drugs and sitting around ruminating about all this can do only so much.

#21 Guest_SoulBrotha_*

Guest_SoulBrotha_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

i already am seeing a therapist, this is my second one in like 8 months or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users