The Holy Grail of Curing DP/DR - Page 10 - New? Start Here - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

The Holy Grail of Curing DP/DR

134 replies to this topic

#109 francesk

francesk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hello Milla,

I think that Meditation and Mindfullness are perfect to reduce A and reduce after DPDR.

I've been dealing with DP and anxiety since October 1999.

Medications never helped, I spent thousand and thousands on therapy, but it never got me anywhere near being cured. Eventually, the only person who can help you is you.

So, the list makes sense, I am gonna start with it. I already did. It is painful, but after almost 15 years of self-made prison, do I really have anything to loose? 

I wanted to ask, could meditation hurt? You know, basic, close your eyes, think of something pretty and relax... Cos I tried it and it, now I have no idea should I continue...

I've been dealing with DP and anxiety since October 1999.

Medications never helped, I spent thousand and thousands on therapy, but it never got me anywhere near being cured. Eventually, the only person who can help you is you.

So, the list makes sense, I am gonna start with it. I already did. It is painful, but after almost 15 years of self-made prison, do I really have anything to loose? 

I wanted to ask, could meditation hurt? You know, basic, close your eyes, think of something pretty and relax... Cos I tried it and it, now I have no idea should I continue.

#110 francesk

francesk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hello,

I am new in the forum, I was following it during time but I never posted.

I've been dealing with DP and anxiety since 15 years ago. Medications helped at the beginning paroxetina + Clonazepam, returning me back to the Reality for 2 years. After that period the nightmare came back... I spent lot of money on therapy, but it never got me anywhere near being cured. I tried everything, I also changed the meds to Fluoxetina and after to Escitalopram, but ZERO results.

Then my point now is to come back to ZERO again, to feel it again 100% and fight it alone, because at the end we all create our REALITY as this post is already explaining. I really like this list and I will try to follow it, I can't wait to be back again to feel the sky and the sea as they are... PURE. I do miss it, and I hate this horrible prision that we created for our souls. Colleagues is time to escape, is time to be FREE.

I have some questions about the poitns, if someone can help:

1) Changing your thinking patterns. How can one change a thinking patter if I wake up feeling already unreal, or if the feeling of DR come after a while allways before any thought.

2) How to follow this steps without looking back. I mean to follow it is necessary to be really constant and is necessary to read it several times. How can we manage it to at the same time disconect of the literature of the disorder. I already experienced to feel really worst just reading about it, when I discovered online several book talking about our problem with the anxiety and DPDR. Is like a vicious cercle, I need the knowledgment to be free, but reading about it increase the problem...

Thank for taking your time answering me and my apologizes for my level of english :-)

A big hug!

Everything happens for something, I want to believe that this experience also. I just believe.

#111 asianguy

asianguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

what if your work is using computers 9 hours per day? 

#112 carnevn

carnevn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

hey i've been suffering from severe MJ induced DP for about 3 years now and it has destroyed everything in my life. No matter what I do it doesn't seem to go away. However, I noticed that a lot of people who have fully recovered also seemed to have continued smoking weed even after the onset of DP symptoms. I'm wondering if that may be the only true solution to this disorder. Im starting to believe that the traumatic experience I had while smoking weed may have permanently disrupted the chemistry in my brain and the only way to bring it back to normal is to become comfortable with smoking MJ again. First, do you think its possible that the weed could actually cause a chemical disruption in your brain leading to DP? Second, do you think solely ignoring your symptoms and accepting who you are can eventually cure DP or that we must have that outlook in life along with marijuana in order to bring our brain chemistry back to equilibrium and completely be healed from it. I would honestly do ANYTHING to be healed from this terrible disorder and have considered smoking again but am worried it might make my symptoms even worse. I've gone months trying to ignore DP and carry on with everyday life but the feelings always come back. Depersonalization has brought me to my knees and I am willing to try anything. I just want my life back :( Please help. 

#113 AusHusky

AusHusky

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:03 AM

hey i've been suffering from severe MJ induced DP for about 3 years now and it has destroyed everything in my life. No matter what I do it doesn't seem to go away. However, I noticed that a lot of people who have fully recovered also seemed to have continued smoking weed even after the onset of DP symptoms. I'm wondering if that may be the only true solution to this disorder. Im starting to believe that the traumatic experience I had while smoking weed may have permanently disrupted the chemistry in my brain and the only way to bring it back to normal is to become comfortable with smoking MJ again. First, do you think its possible that the weed could actually cause a chemical disruption in your brain leading to DP? Second, do you think solely ignoring your symptoms and accepting who you are can eventually cure DP or that we must have that outlook in life along with marijuana in order to bring our brain chemistry back to equilibrium and completely be healed from it. I would honestly do ANYTHING to be healed from this terrible disorder and have considered smoking again but am worried it might make my symptoms even worse. I've gone months trying to ignore DP and carry on with everyday life but the feelings always come back. Depersonalization has brought me to my knees and I am willing to try anything. I just want my life back :( Please help. 

NO! dont trust me it will be the worst thing you do if you smoke again. You will have the biggest panic attack ever. I have thought the same thing also but i know if i do it again im gonna be way worse for a long time. Sitting next to my friends when they smoke, even the smell brings back memories and i start to panic. 

#114 Mist

Mist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

Nice advice if you want to live like a "normal" person.

We are different. We see the world in a completely different way. Of course, everything that is not like "them" is labeled as "abnormal". And that's wrong.

I believe I am one of you (I feel as if many things wrote on this site were written by myself). Yet I do not consider this a problem.

Ask yourself: do you hate the way you "see" reality because it causes you great pain by itself, or because you are lonely, you feel like a bird in a cage and the things that were interesting before are boring now?

I believe you all have dreams. And you all have internet. And you KNOW that there is MUCH MORE to reality than what they tell you.

Until last summer, my biggest reason to live was my girlfriend. When we broke up - i felt completely lost. I had no idea what to do with my life, and the fact that I could view the world differently was a great obstacle, as normal people simply couldn't give me any working advice.

It all ended when I accepted it and found a new reason to live. No matter how unreal it seems - this is the key to success. We "know" that reality is bigger and wider than what is generally accepted. Why not pursue our dreams? And I'm sure they are no ordinary dreams, because "ordinary" does not apply to us anymore.

We are different and as such, we dare go to heights no one ever even dreamed of. Find a way. Create a plan. Even alone one can do great things, but you are not alone. There are many of us. It's hard to be "alone in the dark", but if you are reading this - know that you are not alone.

We are not "people with disorders". We are just...different. Better, worse, who can tell? But we definitely are not ordinary.

I see many people here deal or have dealt with drugs. Guys, don't deliberately harm yourself - it won't help. If you claim that "I don't give a s**t", why do you care about drugs? Screw drugs, alcohol, fast food and anything that harms you - you are too special to waste your life and time on such things. Read books. Write them. Create, be original. Show the world that it is not your vision that is the "wrong" one.

Introspection might also help. Analyze yourself, your life, reality, everything. See for yourself what is worth doing and what isn't. Just because someone said "oh, hey, dude, your vision is totally not normal, you must have serious problems" does not mean that he is right.

You have the potential to do much more than just...drugs. Don't let it go to waste.

#115 Guest_Evan M Torch, M.D._*

Guest_Evan M Torch, M.D._*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

Hello,

I understand from many of my patients that my name is often mentioned on this site, as I've been treating DPD for over 40 years. Many of these patients have asked, over many years, that I contribute to the site, which I have been reluctant to do since I would never want to interfere with anyone's current treatment.

I am not a DPD patient, so I hope it is appropriate for me to enter this site.

There is, in my view, too much discussion about the psychopharmacological treatment of DPD and almost never proper mention of the role of psychotherapy, particularly the sort mentioned in Daphne Simeon's book.

Psychotherapy for DPD should be an extensive exploration which has as its cornerstone low self esteem and resultant compensatory obsession with one's SELF as the focus of this obsession. Regardless of various other treatment modalities, only insight oriented therapy ALONG WITH psychopharmacology, behavioral modification etc. effects a permanent remedy, if that is posiible in a given individual.

BTW--I seem to have been referenced hundreds of times as per Nuvigil being some sort of "gold standard" for DPD. That is not what I originally published, so please disregard any quotes to the contrary.

Evan M. Torch, M.D.

Atlanta

#116 sarahelizabeth48120

sarahelizabeth48120

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

This is extremely helpful! Thank you for posting or reposting this. I have had DPD on and off for a long time and its been pretty constant for the past month. Acceptance is hard I have found that its the hardest step. But I'm on my way to recovery.

#117 Ashley96

Ashley96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

I have recently been experiencing this odd sensation. I had a major health scare and has made me on edge and panicking for almost the last two weeks. I have never experienced this till just now. It's been 3 days off and on just looking to see. If anyone has found any new cures that work fast thanks for the help!

#118 Guest_goldy_*

Guest_goldy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

Sorry but they aint any new cures that work fast, wish they was, just read the Holy Grail, it helped me.

#119 Ashley96

Ashley96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

Did you just sit and a room and watch this should I say anything to myself while watching this?

#120 jxz

jxz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

well written; thank you for the kind repost and sharing !!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users