My Path to Recovery - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

My Path to Recovery

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#13 AlexXD

AlexXD

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Haven't been on here for a while: trying to avoid DP thoughts. But I've been having some breakthroughs.

Built something called a Dreamaching (finally). For those of you who don't know what that is...: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Dreamachine

Well, it's supposed to affect the brainwaves, to make people calmer. And I think it's been working.

My DP has been markedly improving. For the past two days, I've had strong emotion again. And how wonderful!

I'm not saying that it was my entire cure, this dreamachine, but it definitely helped. Along with my "deadline" (April 5th, my first deadline, was the day that I began to feel much better. Could be related.)

Anyway, I've had some questions for some other recover-ers:
1. While in the process of recovering, do you feel extremely tired? Such is how I've felt... Almost drained, but in a good sort of way.

And 2. How long have your floaters stayed around (assuming you've HAD floaters, or visual snow)? Mine have been improving with everything else, but I was just curious.

Might not be back for a while, in order to avoid DP thoughts. But thanks to anyone who responds. And best of luck to you all!!

#14 Tommygunz

Tommygunz

friggin coolest dude ever!

• DPSH Members
  • 1359 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

i experienced (and at times still do experience) fatigue throughout the recovery process. i'm sure there are a laundry list of possibilities for why recovery is exhausting but i have never really taken the time to figure it out. as far as the floaters. they nevr go away because they are cracks in the vitreous of th eye and can only be repaired with surgery. fortunately they do get somewhat better and as the obsessive tendencies of DP diminish, so does your noticing them. the brain is naturally good at not registering things like floaters. we just notice them because we hyper-analize every single pixel and frame of our vision. so as you recover from DP the floaters stay the same, but you being aware of them goes away.

#15 AlexXD

AlexXD

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

i experienced (and at times still do experience) fatigue throughout the recovery process. i'm sure there are a laundry list of possibilities for why recovery is exhausting but i have never really taken the time to figure it out. as far as the floaters. they nevr go away because they are cracks in the vitreous of th eye and can only be repaired with surgery. fortunately they do get somewhat better and as the obsessive tendencies of DP diminish, so does your noticing them. the brain is naturally good at not registering things like floaters. we just notice them because we hyper-analize every single pixel and frame of our vision. so as you recover from DP the floaters stay the same, but you being aware of them goes away.

Yeah, haha, that was what I meant. I think most people have floaters, just none of them really notice them at all, because they're not overanalyzing. My question was mainly do we stop noticing them as we heal (ie. will my vision go back to what it was before DP), to which the answer appears to be yes.

Another day gone by. I still feel a bit fake, my actions and my emotions, but I attribute this to the fact that I still have to become used to them. Still improving. Bit less fatigued. Great improvement overall... I'm just hoping it'll continue on this way. =D

#16 nix

nix

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:45 AM

Floaters don't have anything with DP and they are actual a physical problem, but nothing dangerous at all. Most of people have them. Just don't pay attentions to them. I have floaters for years and I know for sure that they are not related to DP/DR at all.

#17 AlexXD

AlexXD

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Floaters don't have anything with DP and they are actual a physical problem, but nothing dangerous at all. Most of people have them. Just don't pay attentions to them. I have floaters for years and I know for sure that they are not related to DP/DR at all.

Not directly, no, but through DP we pay much more attention to them. People without DP don't see them (or see them sparingly) because they're looking beyond them, tuning them out.

#18 Cathal_08

Cathal_08

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

please floaters are very common with DP, so of course its related!!!
its part of dp, i didnt one day decide i want see floaters all the time!

#19 nix

nix

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

please floaters are very common with DP, so of course its related!!!
its part of dp, i didnt one day decide i want see floaters all the time!

lol... floaters are not part of DP at all. When you get out of DP you will still see them. Educate yourself before saying something that is actualy not true:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

#20 Mario

Mario

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 672 posts
  • LocationMy Lost Soul

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

lol... floaters are not part of DP at all. When you get out of DP you will still see them. Educate yourself before saying something that is actualy not true:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Yes,this is true.Floaters are not part or symptom of Dp.Anyone can have floaters.I know a lot of people who have floaters and they don't have DP.
I myself have floaters as far as i can remember,and my Dp/Dr "only" started 6 years ago.

#21 Tommygunz

Tommygunz

• DPSH Members
  • 1359 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

actually floaters are caused by stress, many doctors believe thats why they appear so much more frequently in stress and anxiety related issues. DP causes stress and eye strain therefore indirectly, DP causes floaters. i'm ot saying DP is the only cause of floaters of course. i'm just saying DP can absolutely increase the amount and intensity of floaters. i know for a fact that i developed a new floater about six months ago right in the center of my right eye. i know it wasn't there before, it is to big to have missed. i also know DP is related to the cause because it was about a week before i found out what DP was and i was stuck in panic mode and stressing and freaking out really bad that week.

#22 nix

nix

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

Actualy, I don't believe at all that DP can cause any physical damage like floaters in eyes. When eyes get older, the more floaters people usualy have. At first, we see them, but after some time we get used to them and right now with DR I am so screwed that I don't notice them at all.
I think that people with DP pay so much attention to every symptom that they actualy notice floaters more than they did before.
Floaters can also be a symptom of something much worse connected with eyes, but in 99,9% they are completely harmless.
If anyone has some new floaters, he should go to ophthalmologist and not to psychiatrist.

#23 Tommygunz

Tommygunz

• DPSH Members
  • 1359 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

i totally agree that DP makes you notice them more because we hyper-analize everything. but the stress that DP causes emotionally, causes physical stress and tension that can cause floaters. kinda like a chain reaction. it's why eye strain is so common with DP. the emotional stress is causing physical tension.

#24 Cathal_08

Cathal_08

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

i know anyone can have them but the fact is most people with dp get lots of floaters, so it IS related!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users