time standing still - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

time standing still

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 luke1979

luke1979

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationDarwin, Australia

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:54 PM

does anyone else think that time seems to go really slow?
i think it maybe my anxiety levels are so high that i find time seems to last forever.

#2 jc

jc

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:14 PM

the thing is your in pain,albeit emotional mental...and i dont know about you or anyone else but this is why for me time seems to stand still,i long for the time when darkness falls and i can get tucked into my bed,my mind is still racing but i know sleep will soon follow

#3 luke1979

luke1979

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:38 PM

yeah, im the same.. i love going to bed just coz i know ill be asleep soon, however i think ive been loving bedtime too much coz i go to bed so early that im awake so much earlier too, which makes the days drag even longer. ive really gotta try to push myself to stay up later

#4 jc

jc

• DPSH Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:49 PM

funny you should say that im just having a convo with someone about how he likes mornings,and yet i hate mornings as if i wake too early i usually think 'shit here we go again'
but hes taking his meds at night and i take mine in the morning so maybe that has something to do with it

Great Contributor

• Validating
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:37 PM

It seems to go really slow, but when I look back, I wonder where all the time has gone.

#6 jc

jc

• DPSH Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:46 PM

i suppose when we are lying on our death beds we will be wishing we had more time....and wishing we didnt moan so much....well i will anyway

#7 Guest_Kari_*

Guest_Kari_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:54 PM

The human mind only tends to remember only the ups and downs of life. Most times when you're feeling just okay or nothing big is going on you kind of slide through the days without giving them much thought. When you have anxiety or DP you're constantly aware of how youre feeling and what you're feeling is "down" or bad. Therefore because of the constant state of self awareness and the constant state of feeling bad time goes by very slowly and your mind is remembering every single minute of the day because of how you feel. Please don't think time going slow is part of some scary DP symptom. It's merely your mind being human. I found that when I feel better and I don't think about anxiety/DP or feel anxiety/DP that the days slide by like they used to. It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

#8 jc

jc

• DPSH Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

gotta agree,ive got a hangover today and its been hell,but thats the price i have to pay for going out,a hangover for me does really feel like im losing the plot but i alsys return back to what i percieve as 'normal'

#9 luke1979

luke1979

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:33 PM

yeah i know the whole time draging on thing is only natural. i just thought id post something about how i feel in an attempt to make myself feel a bitt better.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:03 AM

I'm on the other end of the scale. Time appears to travel far too quickly for my liking, with DP being an almost all consuming force during most of my waking hours since I've been suffering. I look back over the last year and realize that I've spent most of the time deep in introspection and really have achieved a great deal at all :(

#11 kenc127

kenc127

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:37 PM

I don't know that it feels like it's standing still, but I definitely feel like I've lost connection with it. Whether it seems slower or seems faster I just don't know.

Nemesis, that's a really good point you made about wasting time via too much introspection. I feel like that too. I wonder to myself a lot, am I going to be 50 one day and still worrying about stuff that will never be? The thought of wasting my time on things that will never come to fruition freaks me out. I hope to GOD that this will not be the case.

#12 Guest_SoulBrotha_*

Guest_SoulBrotha_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:59 PM

my perception of time gets all messed up sometimes. Sometimes days fly by & sometimes they go by too slow & sometimes i have no idea lol

I used to look foward to going to sleep, but lately, likeover the last few months i often have real strange & vivid dreams & sometimes sleep paralysis. Plus its the summer & its not exactly easy to fall asleep like it is in the winter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users