Smoking Pot after you have DP? - Page 3 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Smoking Pot after you have DP?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#25 Guest_freedsoul_*

Guest_freedsoul_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

thats why weed became my teacher because its not just giving anxiety it also gives you some insight while or after the experience... i also had some terrible trips on it but i never support my anxiety i always try to break the rules and i dont always get bad experiences since then..

now i dont want to say smoke weed...in your case its maybe not a good idea cause you get dp/dr long after smoking..i just get it while tripping when i smoke more than a low dose..and you really smoked too much man...even i wouldnt smoke  a whole blunt...sry..but are you crazy man...thats way to much cause you have no tolerance and dp which doesnt mix well...anyway im glad you survived

I'm actually feeling a lot better today. More or less about as recovered as I was before smoking (60-80%), but I still feel like it kinda set me back somehow. Not really sure to be honest because today has been one of my best days in a way, I keep getting flashes of what life was like before DP/DR.

So I agree that it seems to have benefited me in some way but I definitely smoked too much. I was even sharing the blunt, and tapped out after I really started to get scared. I told myself that I was only going to smoke reggie when I came back to weed, but my friend assured me that it wasn't super loud shit even though it was some purp. I don't blame him though because he is a heavy smoker and what is strong to him is not even close to what is to most people.

I am admittedly still holding out hope that I will be able to return to weed one day, but when I do it will absolutely be mids, and will probably only be a modest bowl at most. It's going to be really hard to avoid though, because all of my friends smoke and it's pretty much our main activity together :(

One afterthought, I was on about 0.25mg of lorazepam during the trip which probably saved me from going completely insane. But it also probably made me more willing to smoke again which was in all honesty dumb as shit. I think I really needed to get the message that I can't touch with the stuff while I'm recovering so perhaps it couldn't have been avoided.

#26 The3lbDream

The3lbDream

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

Ok just to make it clear I wouldn't recommend any type of recreational drug if trying to recover fro DR/DP.That being said I used to smoke a lot way back when and I quit for about 2 months before I got DR.I couldn't handle it at first and smoked just to to take the edge off and to be honest it just felt like I was high.Like normal.I don't remember feeling like I had DR.All that said I wouldn't even think of touching anything now.I seriously want reality back and never want to escape it again

#27 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:49 AM

I'm actually feeling a lot better today. More or less about as recovered as I was before smoking (60-80%), but I still feel like it kinda set me back somehow. Not really sure to be honest because today has been one of my best days in a way, I keep getting flashes of what life was like before DP/DR.

So I agree that it seems to have benefited me in some way but I definitely smoked too much. I was even sharing the blunt, and tapped out after I really started to get scared. I told myself that I was only going to smoke reggie when I came back to weed, but my friend assured me that it wasn't super loud shit even though it was some purp. I don't blame him though because he is a heavy smoker and what is strong to him is not even close to what is to most people.

I am admittedly still holding out hope that I will be able to return to weed one day, but when I do it will absolutely be mids, and will probably only be a modest bowl at most. It's going to be really hard to avoid though, because all of my friends smoke and it's pretty much our main activity together :(

One afterthought, I was on about 0.25mg of lorazepam during the trip which probably saved me from going completely insane. But it also probably made me more willing to smoke again which was in all honesty dumb as shit. I think I really needed to get the message that I can't touch with the stuff while I'm recovering so perhaps it couldn't have been avoided.

ya i know what you mean..i will one day smoke like on my old days but as long as i recover im not really touching weed again instead of micro doses cause they dont make me worse...at least i smoke cigs for 4 month now and im addicted to nicotine ...im tapering down the last days because my lungs hurt..but im able to smoke nicotine without dp/dr which is quite amazing if you ask me....

i know what you mean all my friends are smoking too and now where i cant do so anymore im almost everyday alone at home sitting in front oof the internet and trying to find some help, experiementing with substances which might help and so on...but ya ..im alone

i really wish we can return to weed as usual one day...sometimes i think if at least one of my friends would have dp/dr and wouldnt want to stop smoking too i could try having sessions with this person and feel a lot safer than smoking alone or with people who dont have dp/dr..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users