Smoking Pot after you have DP? - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Smoking Pot after you have DP?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#13 revuptheglory

revuptheglory

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

I smoked twice with dp. It wasn't really smart but this was before I knew about all this dr/dp stuff. Anyways yea I was with friends both times and I felt on the verge hysteria. Actually scratch that.. I was hysterical. But yeah haven't smoked since, and that was like 6 months ago.

#14 Guest_freedsoul_*

Guest_freedsoul_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:55 PM

Smoking pot is/was definitely a major trigger of my DP/DR and the worst I've ever had it was when I was high, which is a reason why I quit about a week ago. But I'm really hoping that I'll be able to start again in a few weeks/months, assuming that I'm feeling normal by then. It'll be a big risk for sure, but my condition isn't so bad that I'm willing to give up quite on it entirely. I love smoking weed with friends, so I'm just going to have to find out. If it sends me back into the f**ing death spiral of depersonalization then I'll know for sure that I can't smoke anymore.

It's definitely going to have to be reggie though, even if my friends protest... I don't think I'd be here if I hadn't smoked such potent stuff.

#15 Surfer Rosa

Surfer Rosa

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

People with transient symptoms seem to be triggered by weed. People with symptoms 24/7 seem to enjoy the weed. Basically, I think a weed can intensify whatever mood you are having and trigger less organized thoughts.

For some people with schizophrenia or OCD, weed is an escape. For panic disorder or Borderline, it could be a trigger. I'm not sure about DPD and weed, but it seems discouraged. Alcohol consumption definitely needs to stop in anyone who is having mental problems.

#16 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

weed also has the ability to make me panic even in small amounts because of the strain...just the last time i smoked weed...a strain with high cbd raised by a very professional growing and good friend was something i could really enjoy...

#17 mvr

mvr

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

People with transient symptoms seem to be triggered by weed. People with symptoms 24/7 seem to enjoy the weed. Basically, I think a weed can intensify whatever mood you are having and trigger less organized thoughts.

I agree with this. Especially with the last part 

#18 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

thats not quite the case with me cause i enjoy small amounts again and i have transient symptoms now + at my first 4 month i had it 24/7 and couldnt enjoy any substance, always had panic attacks and dp/dr like crazy even from a very tiny piece of tobacco...

now i smoke cigs.at least, every day and enjoy the fuck out of it..

as mentioned i smoke weed every now and then but when im not in the mood i hate and wont do it due to mood enhancement...so thats where i agree its no longer a mood changer but a mood enhancer for me..

#19 Guest_freedsoul_*

Guest_freedsoul_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

Welp, I gave in and took a couple puffs today. It might have made my DR slightly worse in the short-term, but coupled with the lorazepam and grapefruit juice it was actually pretty much fine. Too soon to say for sure, but it might have even helped a little bit. It probably just made me feel better by relieving my withdrawal, but overall it was nice :)

#20 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:01 PM

I never had a pleasant experience while intoxicated on cannabis, so I decided to stop it.  Pretty radical thinking, eh?

#21 Confusedandtired

Confusedandtired

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

DON'T, and I repeat, DON'T smoke weed again. Marijuana is perfectly fine for so many people and can actually help out with a myriad of different conditions. However, for those of us with DP/DR it's a double edged sword. Once you're primed for anxiety, a panic attack, or freaking out on weed it can and WILL happen again the next time you have it.

I was cured from derealization (never had to much DP, albeit a little) for months. Than when I thought I was in the clear I smoked with some friends again while drunk. What proceeded was 2 hours of absolute hell, relentless anxiety, EXTREME depersonalization +DR, panic....etc and so on.

The next day I knew right away that I'd screwed the pooch and had relapsed with DP/DR.

I used to love weed and was a regular user. Now however I won't go near the stuff. Is it worth another relapse?

#22 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:31 AM

DON'T, and I repeat, DON'T smoke weed again. Marijuana is perfectly fine for so many people and can actually help out with a myriad of different conditions. However, for those of us with DP/DR it's a double edged sword. Once you're primed for anxiety, a panic attack, or freaking out on weed it can and WILL happen again the next time you have it.

I was cured from derealization (never had to much DP, albeit a little) for months. Than when I thought I was in the clear I smoked with some friends again while drunk. What proceeded was 2 hours of absolute hell, relentless anxiety, EXTREME depersonalization +DR, panic....etc and so on.

The next day I knew right away that I'd screwed the pooch and had relapsed with DP/DR.

I used to love weed and was a regular user. Now however I won't go near the stuff. Is it worth another relapse?

a little bit selfish telling people not to smoke weed due to your own incapability of doing so, dont you think?!....just joking...i know its true worry but i had several bad experiences with weed while dp/dr but it was only in the first few month, when i smoked too much or the wrong strain (too much thc) and i will never give up struggling to be able to smoke weed again...it became my teacher...btw. being able to smoke weed again would be a kind of perfect proof for being ultimately cured...so i dont care about a relapse possibility cause if i could fall back to square 1 i wouldnt have learned anything at all in my dp/dr- time...time itself also gets you over dp/dr, through forgetting..but thats the way it will always possibly return as terrifying as in the beginning, one needs to beat dp/dr by learnng about it and gathering experience..thats the only way it wont return as bad as first and maybe even a part of the true cure for dp/dr.

#23 Guest_freedsoul_*

Guest_freedsoul_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

Well I bit the bullet today and tried smoking a whole blunt of some purp. Excruciatingly awful experience, my DP/DR is worse right now (a few hours after I smoked) than it has been in a couple weeks, even with 0.5mg kpin. Can't even explain how bad it was, my worst experience so far with depersonalization. :(

Hopefully this doesn't stunt my recovery too hard, I realize now that it was a terrible, terrible mistake. I really should have listened to you guys. At least now I know for sure that I have to stop for good. I also feel I've made a major breakthrough in terms of dealing with existential thoughts, so that's actually a plus.

#24 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

Well I bit the bullet today and tried smoking a whole blunt of some purp. Excruciatingly awful experience, my DP/DR is worse right now (a few hours after I smoked) than it has been in a couple weeks, even with 0.5mg kpin. Can't even explain how bad it was, my worst experience so far with depersonalization. :(

Hopefully this doesn't stunt my recovery too hard, I realize now that it was a terrible, terrible mistake. I really should have listened to you guys. At least now I know for sure that I have to stop for good. I also feel I've made a major breakthrough in terms of dealing with existential thoughts, so that's actually a plus.

thats why weed became my teacher because its not just giving anxiety it also gives you some insight while or after the experience... i also had some terrible trips on it but i never support my anxiety i always try to break the rules and i dont always get bad experiences since then..

now i dont want to say smoke weed...in your case its maybe not a good idea cause you get dp/dr long after smoking..i just get it while tripping when i smoke more than a low dose..and you really smoked too much man...even i wouldnt smoke  a whole blunt...sry..but are you crazy man...thats way to much cause you have no tolerance and dp which doesnt mix well...anyway im glad you survived

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users