Smoking Pot after you have DP? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Smoking Pot after you have DP?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mcren

Mcren

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:09 PM

I honestly don't think I could smoke at this point, but have any of you guys been able to toke up without feeling insane after you're onset? And if so, do you just do it in small amounts every now and then?

#2 DownTheRabbitHole

DownTheRabbitHole

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

ive just quirt after 3 /4 years of smoking nearly everyday. And i dont want to smoke again, unless i fall back into deep DP, i dont think i will smoke it again.

once you see the negative things it can do to you, theres really no point. i hope i dont fall back into the trap.

#3 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

Hehe, so you wait (lets not hope so) until your DP might come back to smoke weed? Myself I wait until my DP goes away so I can smoke moderate amounts of weed. Are you saying smoking weed helps when you are suffering from dpd or that when you are suffering from dpd you are like "fcuk it, im already suffering so might aswell smoke" ?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

I honestly don't think I could smoke at this point, but have any of you guys been able to toke up without feeling insane after you're onset? And if so, do you just do it in small amounts every now and then?

I smoked from 14-16 and 16 is when I got DP. I smoked 3-4 bowls a day every day for most of the 2 years. After DP I knew I would be risking it if I smoked again. But it was so ingrained in my personality by then I smoked anyways. Every single time it made DP 100 times worse and progressively bigger delusions and psychosis. But I kept smoked regularly for 2 years more (and 1 later year a couple of times) anyways. The suffering I went through was, I think, just so I could feel SOMETHING.

Actually if I didn't smoke for a month or two, the first time I smoked I got high like it used to be but if I kept smoking it became a major problem. I've been sober now for over 3 years. From alcohol even. Recently I felt like getting drunk but I researched a bit and my meds are not good to take alcohol with.

Sobriety mostly is awesome and I can feel it pumping through my veins.

(BTW Is it just me or has this topic been brought up recently like 3 times already?)

Cheers

#5 Mcren

Mcren

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

ive just quirt after 3 /4 years of smoking nearly everyday. And i dont want to smoke again, unless i fall back into deep DP, i dont think i will smoke it again.

once you see the negative things it can do to you, there's really no point. i hope i don't fall back into the trap.

No, the only reason I sometimes feel the need to smoke goes back to the core reason i started toking up to begin with. I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder and THC is honestly the only thing that periodically made the pain stop. My dp has been pretty much dormant for the last 5/6 months and when I say dormant I mean it's there just not in unbearable amounts.

#6 Mcren

Mcren

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

Hehe, so you wait (lets not hope so) until your DP might come back to smoke weed? Myself I wait until my DP goes away so I can smoke moderate amounts of weed. Are you saying smoking weed helps when you are suffering from dpd or that when you are suffering from dpd you are like "fcuk it, im already suffering so might aswell smoke" ?

No, the only reason I sometimes feel the need to smoke goes back to the core reason i started toking up to begin with. I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder and THC is honestly the only thing that periodically made the pain stop. My dp has been pretty much dormant for the last 5/6 months and when I say dormant I mean it's there just not in unbearable amounts.

#7 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

I can smoke loads of weed in the run of a day and it does not make me feel weird at all it just makes me really mellow. No return of dp/dr at all. Also it seems to kill my anxiety better sometimes then clonazepam and helps me sleep more then any sleeping pill ever could.

Shrooms also don't bring back my dp/dr at all either. But alcohol does abit so go figure. Probably because it is just neurotoxic garbage.

#8 xxcdawg

xxcdawg

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSterling Heights, MI

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

I can't smoke weed anymore.
I tried to a little over a month ago it made my DR so bad.
I felt like I was dreaming, felt like my heart was gonna pound outta my chest, thought I was gonna die.
Basically caused a panic attack.

Ugh, I miss just getting high & being able to enjoy it, just once in a while.

#9 DownTheRabbitHole

DownTheRabbitHole

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

kind of like what you said.
but i think its more to do with ive not given this a chance before, so if this works, then obviously the weed was fuelling my dp thoughts, i still have a little dose of DR lingering, but not very extreme, and sometimes things will just look ''right'' all of a sudden, and this makes me smile.

alot of my deep, powerful negative, intruding thoughts have left me pretty much, unless i get very anxious and start over working my brain, but ive noticed (apart from today because i have a cold coming on), that the pressure in the brain seems to be fading, and im not always thinking negative, i mostly have that innocent happy feeling in my mind.

if DP does come back, then i know this wasnt the answer for me, and if i feel like smoking weed, i guess i would probably smoke it. but then theres another part of me now that just doesnt see the point in smoking anymore.

im trying to think of the effects it gives, and i feel like i dont want it anymore. partly because for what i want right now, i cant smoke weed, as its hindering my abilities.

that weekend there, was soo fun, drinking shit loads...out having a good time, chattin away to everyone, no hangover in the morning, it was a very busy weekend, but a quality one none the less.

#10 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

I can smoke loads of weed in the run of a day and it does not make me feel weird at all it just makes me really mellow. No return of dp/dr at all. Also it seems to kill my anxiety better sometimes then clonazepam and helps me sleep more then any sleeping pill ever could.

Shrooms also don't bring back my dp/dr at all either. But alcohol does abit so go figure. Probably because it is just neurotoxic garbage.

Hey CN nice to see you back on the forum :)

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

In my experience marijuana has almost always made it worse. This is my experience though. My DP first happened while I was tripping on psychedelics, likely smoking pot too, and as such I associated drugs with DP. Alcohol, even benzodiazepines, exacerbated it. I'm thinking I might be done with drugs, but again, that's me. I still like drugs, I love the culture, I enjoy being with my friends who smoke. I like to see them happy and if marijuana brings them that, then that is awesome :P.

From my understanding DP can be caused by anything, literally anything. You are the one who associates negativity and positivity with things, and if something traumatized you it might have brought about your DP. For that reason it may be wise to avoid those things, but face them when, and as best you can, or they will always haunt you.

Sometimes your subconscious will keep these things from you and drugs might help bring those about so you can deal with them. On the other hand you might not be ready to face them either. Your subconscious I've found is very trustworthy, and generally knows what's best. Trust yourself, if you feel that smoking pot is a good idea then it probably is. If it helps then great, that's exactly what you were going for. If however you find out it makes your condition worse, in my experience, that is a sign that it is bringing up things you might need to deal with. You may feel as though it was a bad idea in retrospect, but that reason you had is as valid as always.

#12 Disruption

Disruption

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

yah i got my dp/dr and hppd from an overdose of strong shrooms...

my hppd faded 100% and never returned...

my dp/dr (at least i think its dp/dr im not quite sure) is still there but very weak..sometimes i think i only have dp/dr as a symptom of some kind of developed anxiety disorder since its not always present...and i also had panic attacks in the first few month after my onset...

i quit smoking weed after 8 years of smoking heavily everyday..due to the panic attacks and dp/dr  it causes me while being high, i stopped...the strange thing is the dp/dr only lasts as long as the panic attack induced by smoking it...

as soon as i felt better i smoked weed every two month for 1- 3 weeks maximum again and quit again for 2 month...but the high wasnt quite the same thing for me since then and i could only smoke small amounts at a time..

i mean it felt great even though..i had some highs where i really laughed as crazy as a mentally insane person..XD..it was fun + more intense than the first time smoking...but i miss to be really stoned again and smoking big amounts would be so nice...i really want it so bad, i would give my right hand for it...i guess i will do it one day again like on my old days...

i also had some heavy drug accidents since my onset..with canna oil and smoking bongs which always ended up in a panic attack or state of anxiety..but was good in the end when i came down + it never worsened my condition at all...

i ask myself how i can face the fear and conquer it until its gone...there must be a way...do you have any ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users