Medications = drugs - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Medications = drugs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FoXS

FoXS

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 713 posts
  • LocationGerrrrmany

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hello guys,

i have a question again. As far as I know, a lot of you have got DP/DR as a result of drug abuse, am I right? I mean HPPD is as well a part of being DR-feeling.
What I want to say is: you are all talking about many sorts of drugs and medicines: klonopin, Clonazepan, choline, inositol....
aren't these things as well chemical?
I mean, you suffer from having taken chemicals, now you take other chemicals to get better, isn't this the wrong starting point??

#2 Mario

Mario

• DPSH Members
  • 672 posts
  • LocationMy Lost Soul

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

No,because you just have to take the right chemicals(those that are prescribed by the doctors).Don't forget that even to other illnesses you take chemicals.Don't you ever take pills for a toothache or a headache?well,those pills are chemicals as well and the same for all other diseases.

#3 pancake

pancake

in hibernation

• DPSH Members
  • 859 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hello guys,

i have a question again. As far as I know, a lot of you have got DP/DR as a result of drug abuse, am I right? I mean HPPD is as well a part of being DR-feeling.
What I want to say is: you are all talking about many sorts of drugs and medicines: klonopin, Clonazepan, choline, inositol....
aren't these things as well chemical?
I mean, you suffer from having taken chemicals, now you take other chemicals to get better, isn't this the wrong starting point??

They do allow some people to function more effectively.
I tried it and it turned out it wasn't for me.
http://psychwatch.bl...mical-cure.html

#4 Absentis

Absentis

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

The fallacy in OP's argument is called equivocation.

Abusing certain drugs can trigger DP and/or DR. Although drugs are chemicals, not all chemicals are harmful. So no, taking drugs to treat a drug-triggered disorder is not a contradiction.

#5 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Okay old post but i had to chime in on this one. All drugs are chemicals but not all chemicals are drugs. Most do nothing or very little to the CNS.

Also some of the drugs that cause dp/dr in some people can treat it in others. So it's not a one size fits all type of thing when it comes to this. Saying that all drugs are bad is just stupid and ignorant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users