A torch - Page 9 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A torch

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#97 Claymore

Claymore

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, U.S.

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

awesome, i'll have to give it a listen later. Good luck going out tonight!

Hey, thanks :) . It went pretty well, although I was taken to a friends house and there just happened to be moonshine and all types of alcohol their. Kinda fell into temptation AGAIN :oops: (I don't know why its so hard for me to say NO to a drink) so i'm very typsy right now but not completely drunk, I can still talk and walk fine :lol: . I just feel like I love EVERYBODY right now!!!! :D , I wish I could feel these emotions while I was sober.

#98 simplynothing

simplynothing

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

awesome, i'll have to give it a listen later. Good luck going out tonight!

Hey, thanks :) . It went pretty well, although I was taken to a friends house and there just happened to be moonshine and all types of alcohol their. Kinda fell into temptation AGAIN :oops: (I don't know why its so hard for me to say NO to a drink) so i'm very typsy right now but not completely drunk, I can still talk and walk fine :lol: . I just feel like I love EVERYBODY right now!!!! :D , I wish I could feel these emotions while I was sober.

has your dp subsided any becasue of the alcohol?

#99 Claymore

Claymore

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:52 PM

It just seems more concentrated in those "cool" churches like the Pentacostal-church.

Which is why I DO NOT conform to a denomination, I think that (in my opinion) denominations are just a way of splitting the body of Christ apart and making them despise one another when we should be ALL united for the God we believe in, not split up and separated. Its like "Hey, i'd really like you to come and visit my church this Sunday, we are having a cookout and everyone is invited, it'll be fun", and then the other person is like "Sorry, I don't hang out with Babtists, i'm pentacostal". Its like WTF? You guys are supposed to love everybody regardless of what denomination they come from. That is why i'm a 100% non-denominational Christian. I believe that ALL of God's children should fellowship with and love one another as Christ taught in THE FIRST PLACE. If we are going to be followers of Christ, why split apart and avoid one another? Jesus NEVER said anything like that. So I agree with Chris on the Labels thing in terms of denominations.

#100 Claymore

Claymore

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

has your dp subsided any becasue of the alcohol?

Actually, the "detatchment" part of DP (the part that I hate the most about DP) is worse, because obviously i'm high, i'm not high on drugs or pot but being drunk still makes you feel detatched because that's what being high is. But it seems like I don't care that much because now I have a logical REASON to feel detatched and I still feel good, I can feel my body better and I feel more in control of my actions so I definately feel better than I did when I was sober. :)

#101 dreamingoflife

dreamingoflife

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 450 posts
  • Locationus

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:46 AM

Claymore wrote:
I think that (in my opinion) denominations are just a way of splitting the body of Christ apart and making them despise one another when we should be ALL united for the God we believe in, not split up and separated.

I believe the same way. My friend was raised catholic but goes to a baptist church because her boyfriend was raised baptist and she is always talking about how she doesn't believe certain things that a baptist does because of what she was raised to believe and her and I have gotten into heavy conversations over things because of how the her bf's church believes this and that and I feel some of it is silly so I speak my mind about it and we hit heads alittle over the subject. Denominations are not for me. I like to be simple I suppose.

#102 Claymore

Claymore

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

I believe the same way. My friend was raised catholic but goes to a baptist church because her boyfriend was raised baptist and she is always talking about how she doesn't believe certain things that a baptist does because of what she was raised to believe and her and I have gotten into heavy conversations over things because of how the her bf's church believes this and that and I feel some of it is silly so I speak my mind about it and we hit heads alittle over the subject. Denominations are not for me. I like to be simple I suppose.

I'm right there with ya'. I don't (and I sincerely think this) think that our God or Jesus ever intended or approved of denominations. Now i'm not saying that a babtist won't go to heaven just because they belonged to a denomination, i'm certainly not saying that because in my opinion, the ONLY way to get to heaven (and if you disagree with me, that's ok. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just read the Bible and I believe that EVERY word that is in it, is what God wanted to be there) is to admit to Jesus that you are a sinner (because if you've ever stolen or cheated ect. that brands you a sinner in the eyes of the Father), ask him to forgive you of any sins that you have commited in the past, ask him to come into your heart and be the Lord and Saviour of your life, and then just thank him that he left his perfect paradise in heaven to come down and serve other people and teach them the truth only to be betrayed by 2 of his own disciples, beaten, spat on, mocked, laughed at, smacked in the face with wreeds, scourged until he was unrecognizable, made to carry this huge cross through Jeruselum until he couldn't carry it and someone else named simon was appointed to carry it the rest of the way, and then nailed to the cross through his wrists and feet after he had been stripped naked. But the worst part was in that moment when he shouted "my God my God, why have you forsaken me", because that is the moment that he took the sin of every person that had lived, every person that was living, and every person that ever would live all on himself at one time. Can you imagine the kind of guilt and disgrace he must have felt. It was he only time in history that God the Father had to turn his face from a human being, because at that moment, Jesus had more evil on him than any other human in history, and God COULD NOT look upon it, he had to turn his face. When I think about my God coming to earth (this crappy place compared to heaven) and doing that for all of us, thats enough to convince me that he loves us all more than we could know. I felt a tiny taste of that love the night that I asked Jesus into my heart and it was so powerfull, that it knocked a pagan(me) on the ground and proceeded through my body. It was like my temperature was 1000 degrees but it was the most peacefull, loving, incredible experience I think anybody could have. I could not stop crying for the joy of what I had just found out, that I was saved :cry: :D . I will NEVER EVER question ONE WORD in the Bible because to me, if one part is true, all of it is true and I think the only path to heaven is through asking Jesus to take over your life, and then with his help, you become more like him everyday, and if you make a mistake, just sincerely say to him "Lord, i'm sorry for treating that person the way I did" or whatever it may be, and he promised to forgive you. Let me tell you something you may not know, once God forgives a sin, he throws it out of his mind and he can never remember it again. So if you get to heaven and say "Hey' Jesus, do you remember the time I cursed that guy out?", he'll say no, I dont remember anything like that, because he CAN'T after it has been forgiven. Christianity to me, is your own relationship with Jesus and your own love for him above everything else and you becoming stronger with his help every day. Peace, I think its bed time for me. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users