A torch - Page 3 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A torch

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#25 Conjurus

Conjurus

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

I'm getting increasingly provoced by americans who talk about God and how great He is, yet live by some absurd summary of the bible they've past down through the generations. It seems to me like most american Christians will take from the bible what they want, and forget the rest. They even punish their kids for not obeying the commandments, or other rules set by God, and yet the grown-ups themselves do nothing to honor God's will or what he has created.

First of all; why are you all so fat? Why do you poison your bodies, Gods finest work, with toxins, fat and drugs?
What about your family if you get ill? Or die? Destroying yourself, isn't that "sin", if anything is?

Second, why do you all drive cars and live in huge houses, polluting the planet? Isn't the world a sacred place, given to us all to enjoy and cherish? How many lives is affected by this in generations to come? How do you justify this with your belief in the Bible?

I watched this show on t.v, with this obese dad in clothes probably made by kids in Bangladesh, shipped across the globe for his convenience, probably in boxes made of carboard from a factory making paper of cheap wood from the rainforest, living in a house using enough power a day to supply an african village for a year, driving a car with it's own hole in the ozon layer, telling his kids to stop lying.

Well, what about not lying to yourself, and wake up and put some action behind your religion. If I was you, I'd be ashamed.

You're absolutely right York. I've thought about this myself and have been planning on learning how to live completely off the land. I always call people out when they tell me how I should live and they're big fatties.

#26 York

York

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

Let's move into the country and be hippies! I feel like I'm compromising my own convictions by living like I do.
And thanks for understanding. Unless the reply was sarcasm. I couldn't tell. I'm retarded.

#27 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Let's move into the country and be hippies!

This is exactly what I think.

#28 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

Let's move into the country and be hippies!

This is exactly what I think.

Im up for it. seriously.

#29 Noodles

Noodles

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

#30 Conjurus

Conjurus

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

Let's move into the country and be hippies! I feel like I'm compromising my own convictions by living like I do.
And thanks for understanding. Unless the reply was sarcasm. I couldn't tell. I'm retarded.

No I was serious! I'd love to live off the grid and out of the system.

#31 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

Well, lets do it. Not too far away from civilization tho, cus we MIGHT have to go there for certain supplies sometimes, and some of us may not be able to just quit the pharmaceuticals right away (although that would be a good long term goal). I know I could hunt/set traps/cook (well, maybe not cook) /gather berries and eatable shrooms etc, And Iīd love to help out with the people that know how to grow stuff in the earth like vegetables and potatoes and what not. And assuming Kenny would be up for it he could manage the whole building shelter/housing situation. It should be close to a lake and/or Ocean aswell, for water and for cleaning. I`d get a ticket to anywhere in the world for this. Itīs not as crazy as it sounds. Well it doesnt sound crazy at all to me but it might to some.

And obviously itīd have to be a democracy not some kind of Charles Manson shit.

Just a bunch of people living together, healing.

#32 peachy

peachy

• DPSH Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

that's a beautiful idea.

#33 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:58 AM

After doing some webcrawling I am astounded by how many communities/communes like this that already exist, with the only difference being that the ones I have found out about all share houses/connected houses/rooms,while still being close to nature, instead of living in huts or whatever. The "hippie" values are all there, in a good way, I dont like how the word "hippie" has become somewhat of a bad way to describe a person. What I mean is that they to different extents share responsibilities, eat/cook together (often natural organic food, with the choice of being vegan/vegetarian), have a "code of conduct" where you accept your fellow man, have weekly/monthly meetings where important matters are discussed, and just generally have fun in an accepting and caring environment.

Some of the large communities have houses to rent, wouldnt it be awesome if enough of us joined together and rented a f ucking house? with private/shared rooms as per individual needs ofcourse.

I did, I dont know, 2 hours of research (how long since my last post?) and only ONE of the communities were one of those sex-orgy type thingies, which is not what im looking for.

I dont remember locations now but most were in the USA, altho some were in Britain and Netherlands aswell. Heck there were places in alot of countries.

Is anyone interrested at all in the basic idea?

#34 Conjurus

Conjurus

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:22 AM

I'm completely interested. I've been wanting to just become free. I don't want to go to work for money to buy food and shelter. I want to work directly for my food and shelter. I've been thinking about this for a while. I want to learn how to hunt, gut, skin, clean, cook, make clothing even. Learn how to fish etc.

#35 peachy

peachy

• DPSH Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

Yes! I am! Why aren't their more people like you guys out in the world? I'm sure there are but they're hard to find.

#36 York

York

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

Me too! Me too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users