A torch - Page 2 - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A torch

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#13 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

Obviously York is generalizing here, she isnt pointing out every single american.

#14 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:27 AM

I would also like to point out that the United States has always been the greatest nation in the world, its starting to fail recently tho, but that is only if you let your wall street globalist elite carry out their agenda. Im not saying this to try and please every american on the board, and I agree fully with what York said, but I think she would also agree that she was commentating on a specific part of your large population.

I want USA to be great again, And I have nothing but the utmost respect for most of you guys. Besides, I dont really care where people come from. Its what we say and do, or not say and not do, that define us. not where we come from or the color of our skin etc.

Peace, and lets hope for a better future for all of us.

#15 Noodles

Noodles

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

I'm getting increasingly provoced by americans who talk about God and how great He is, yet live by some absurd summary of the bible they've past down through the generations. It seems to me like most american Christians will take from the bible what they want, and forget the rest. They even punish their kids for not obeying the commandments, or other rules set by God, and yet the grown-ups themselves do nothing to honor God's will or what he has created.

Well, what about not lying to yourself, and wake up and put some action behind your religion. If I was you, I'd be ashamed.

I agree with you on this much. Naturally you wasnt talking about all Americans. Only the sort you mention above. I do not personally think America is the greatest nation but there are problems caused by religion everywhere in our world. Equally In the UK they have British Muslims turning their houses into bomb factories. This does not mean all Muslims are destructive. The American dream is liberty is it not. With the sort of people you mention above that dream will remain only a dream. Freedom is impossible when you are straight jacketed by religion. America is raising programmed robots by forcing its children to eat spoon fed dogma. Peace.

#16 York

York

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

O.k, blah blah blah, can't remember what I tried to say, but I certainly not think americans are all ignorant fatties (only 90%... Kidding).
I'm just sick of hearing about God when americans speak on t.v (yes, my channels of information is unreliable and corrupt),
and at the same time seeing the obvious; most are not living what they teach, even with the resources to do so.
It's the same in other countries as well, but in Europe, we don't speak so loudly about our beliefs, and thus are harder to arrest when we act like selfish bastards.

In a lot of religions, and also in different "branches" of christianity, treating your body and mind with respect is a way to honor God. I just don't understand how people who preach the word of God can justify the gluttony and the greed, and in turn the pain they inflict on others.

#17 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Simple..... fear of going to hell. Most people don't really care about practicing what they believe. They are just afraid of burning in flames when they die because people put those ideas in their mind and it spreads like wildfire. Quite brilliant and corrupt. I forgot who said this, but I read this in a different thread and think it rings truth.... "Religion is for those afraid of hell, Spirituality is for those who have been there."

#18 Noodles

Noodles

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

Simple..... fear of going to hell. Most people don't really care about practicing what they believe. They are just afraid of burning in flames when they die because people put those ideas in their mind and it spreads like wildfire. Quite brilliant and corrupt. I forgot who said this, but I read this in a different thread and think it rings truth.... "Religion is for those afraid of hell, Spirituality is for those who have been there."

I said that I think. You are quite right in what you say. They are afraid not to believe in God incase they go to hell. They must have missed the bit about sinful actions sending them there. Peace.

#19 Claymore

Claymore

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, U.S.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

Anny, the Bible said this was going to happen. Jesus talked about a great "falling away" that would have to happen shortly before his return. This falling away means exactly what you're talking about. People not preaching about the love of Christ, people not following what they claim to, and do you know what he said will happen to those types of people? when they die they will say "but Lord we believed in you and went to church!!!" and he will say "depart from me, I never knew you". Everything that you are seeing happening, every bit of it was already warned to us in the Bible that things would be this way. That, amongst a lot of other things is why I believe he'll be back in a few years, if that.

#20 Tommygunz

Tommygunz

friggin coolest dude ever!

• DPSH Members
  • 1359 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

americans are just people, tackling life's daily challenges as they come. it's sad that the global media has portrayed us this self centered super consumer rather than a land full of individuals who just want to help. because that's all we really are; is people with hearts, mind, and feelings. yes we've made some mistakes along the way but isn't that why pencils have erasers? bottom line is you can't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch when it comes to people. we're all in this together.

#21 Claymore

Claymore

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

Bottom Line___________________.

#22 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Thats one of the most awesome tracks Ive heard in a while. Good video aswell.

#23 Claymore

Claymore

• DPSH Members
  • 1239 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Thats one of the most awesome tracks Ive heard in a while. Good video aswell.

What VNV Nation is to you, Killswitch Engage is to me. My favorite band in the world. And they sing Christian lyrics too, but I know you wouldn't like that. :lol:

#24 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

I know they are christians. Doesnt affect the awesomeness. As long as the lyrics arent overly preachy or "brainwashy" its all good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users