A torch - Spirituality Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A torch

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 York

York

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

I'm getting increasingly provoced by americans who talk about God and how great He is, yet live by some absurd summary of the bible they've past down through the generations. It seems to me like most american Christians will take from the bible what they want, and forget the rest. They even punish their kids for not obeying the commandments, or other rules set by God, and yet the grown-ups themselves do nothing to honor God's will or what he has created.

First of all; why are you all so fat? Why do you poison your bodies, Gods finest work, with toxins, fat and drugs?
What about your family if you get ill? Or die? Destroying yourself, isn't that "sin", if anything is?

Second, why do you all drive cars and live in huge houses, polluting the planet? Isn't the world a sacred place, given to us all to enjoy and cherish? How many lives is affected by this in generations to come? How do you justify this with your belief in the Bible?

I watched this show on t.v, with this obese dad in clothes probably made by kids in Bangladesh, shipped across the globe for his convenience, probably in boxes made of carboard from a factory making paper of cheap wood from the rainforest, living in a house using enough power a day to supply an african village for a year, driving a car with it's own hole in the ozon layer, telling his kids to stop lying.

Well, what about not lying to yourself, and wake up and put some action behind your religion. If I was you, I'd be ashamed.

#2 simplynothing

simplynothing

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:02 PM

Oslo,Norway is a lovely place,to bad stereotypical and ignorant people like your self inhabit it.

#3 York

York

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

First of all; Oslo sucks.
Second, you don't know me.
And I said what I said because I'm sick of hypochritic Christians whining about God and their life, at the same time trying to sell me the ticket to salvation.
I'm entitled to post my opinions, as you are yours. If personal attacks is all you have to offer as a reply, I'm wondering if I may just be right in my assumptions.

#4 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

This is exactly what Doug Stanhope is talking about.

#5 voidvoid

voidvoid

Human

• DPSH Members
  • 2255 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Excellent post York.

Peace.

#6 York

York

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Thank you Inzom.

#7 simplynothing

simplynothing

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

good, so mabye you should work on where you live before you try to pass judgment on Americans. secondly, i never claimed to know you. i called you stereotypical because thats what you are being in your posts.

#8 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

I am not fat, religious, nor do I own an expensive car yet I am an American, please explain this to me?

#9 simplynothing

simplynothing

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

I am not fat, religious, nor do I own an expensive car yet I am an American, please explain this to me?

i would like an explanation as well!

#10 York

York

• DPSH Members
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

What, am I supposed to answer that?

It was a comment on a segment of Americans, and I stand behind it. It was a comment on Christians. It was a comment on a society where God is very much present in both daily life and in politics. A comment on a group of people who will only sacrifice, as long as it's not too much of an inconvenience.

#11 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

What should we do, massacre them all?

#12 simplynothing

simplynothing

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

What should we do, massacre them all?

kenny,perhaps we should put them all on shutter island?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users