MDMA therapy? - Page 2 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

MDMA therapy?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#13 Conjurus

Conjurus

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

i highly recommend that you DONT do this. I got DP/DR from mdma. Now grantedi took a large dose but i seriously doubt it will change anything for you. DP/DR researchers seem to think that the disorder stems from abnormal functioning of the serotonin system. MDMA drastically effects and changes that so, again, i think its a bad idea but do what you will.

Agreed. MDMA might help PTSD, but it probably won't be good for DP.

O rly?

#14 wael

wael

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:23 AM

If you are going to try this try and get MDMA. Not 80% methamphetamine, 10% ephedrine and 10% MDMA. Test the stuff to make sure you know whats in it.

Yeah of course. Im only interested in MDMA, and i have cristals, no pills. And i will test it, before i use it!

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

If you are going to try this try and get MDMA. Not 80% methamphetamine, 10% ephedrine and 10% MDMA. Test the stuff to make sure you know whats in it.

Yeah of course. Im only interested in MDMA, and i have cristals, no pills. And i will test it, before i use it!

and just so you know, once you've ingested the drug and it takes effect, theres no stopping it until its over with. So if you dont like it or start to panic you're gonna be fucked.

#16 wael

wael

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

@shaolin

I appreciate your concerns! Im not sure yet, but i give me safe feeling that i have something to fall back to. I have a bunch of benzo s in my room, but i never use it, except for clonazepam 0.5 mg.
I will see.

#17 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

The chances of panicking on MDMA are pretty much zero. It's much gentler then tryptamines like psilocybin and LSD and the stuff hardly counts as a psycxhedelic. It's more of a empathogen then anything else. Also clonazepam or another benzo like diazepam will calm you down if you do happpen to freak out. Ive seen people really wigging out on psilocybin and after 10-20mg's of valium they are fine. I even ruined a good trip i had going when i was younger after taking 10mg's of valium because i didnt know it would slow the trip down.

Most legal drugs are more dangerous then MDMA, psilocybin or LSD.

#18 egodeath

egodeath

• DPSH Members
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, but they don't fuck with your sanity the same way. I've only tried MDMA once and there was absolutely nothing bad about it, but I can hardly see its therapeutic potential for DP/DR. The high is not sustainable and prolonged use has too many negative effects.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, but they don't flower* with your sanity the same way. I've only tried MDMA once and there was absolutely nothing bad about it, but I can hardly see its therapeutic potential for DP/DR. The high is not sustainable and prolonged use has too many negative effects.

^^ agreed. Everything about MDMA is fake. Once the drug wears off, so does the euphoria and you're back where you were at before, if not worse.

#20 Matt210

Matt210

• DPSH Members
  • 1134 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

That really depends on your definition of dangerous. They may not kill you, but they can screw you up real good. You are one of the smartest guys on here, especially when it comes to drugs - you've got to understand the reasons that MDMA, LSD, etc. are illegal and the drugs that are legal are legal. People didn't just decide that they were going to hate on MDMA. I admit the anti-drug lobby is nuts, and the U.S. is particularly nuts about drugs - but there is a good reason why ecstasy is advised against.

I'm not saying that any drug being illegal necessarily benefits society, all i'm saying is that they've done a decent job in choosing which drugs should and should not be illegal (if any are going to be) except maybe in the case of marijuana, but there are exceptions for marijuana in which it is made legal.

Either way, the original poster seems to have made up their mind and seems to understand the risks - thats about all you can ask for. Hopefully it turns out well for you.

#21 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

^^^ Umm you do realize how most or rather all drugs became illegal don't you? Sensationalist media and over reaction by the cops. OMG little johhnny is on E and having fun we have to stop this evil drug! See pretty much it. Alot of other drugs became illegal under analog acts as in if something is even somewhat closely related to methamphetamine for a example it's made illegal even if it's effects are nothing like it.

Alcohol is the national drug and people regard the use of any other drug as bad. Why is this? Ive been in the middle of 1 or 2 alcohol fueled riots where everyone is going at it and smashing up the cops as well (the good old days how i miss em :mrgreen: ) but ive never seen anyone get nasty or violent under the influence of MDMA, psilocybin, LSD or many of the other interesting tryptamines and phenethylamines out there.

Basically what im saying is drug laws make no sense at all.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

Alcohol is definitely one of the leading contributers to problems in this country but thats when its abused at serious levels. Shit like LSD, shrooms, MDMA, do not have to be abused to cause problems in individuals. Small doses of any of that shit can alter peoples minds if they aren't ready for it. I was even prepared when i took my dose of MDMA that fucked me up and i still got the shit end of the stick coming out on the other side. I use to think that i was young and invincable before i came down with mild HPPD symptoms and fucking DR. Now i know this is not the case. I wish i would of been smarter than thinking i can do anything without harm being brought on but shit, life sucks then you die.

#23 Matt210

Matt210

• DPSH Members
  • 1134 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:38 PM

Again, i'm not taking sides on whether or not certain drugs should or should not be illegal. I'm undecided on the issue. I'm saying that IF drugs are to be made illegal, they made some very rational choices about which ones should be illegal. Alcohol and Marijuana are two that you could debate - that with the current rational behind making drugs legal/illegal both could be pushed from one category into the other, etc.

You can't be serious if you think MDMA was banned simply because people have fun while on it. It can screw you up really bad, i've seen plenty of evidence of it. Enough to ensure that I will never touch it in my life. It's not even in the same class as alcohol. You seem to be basing your decisions on what kind of social problems they cause. Alcohol is brutal to society - the amount of violence, injury, and death caused by it would be surpassed by few things in the world. But the personal risk in terms of well-being the person from moderate alcohol use to moderate MDMA use aren't even comparable.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Again, i'm not taking sides on whether or not certain drugs should or should not be illegal. I'm undecided on the issue. I'm saying that IF drugs are to be made illegal, they made some very rational choices about which ones should be illegal. Alcohol and Marijuana are two that you could debate - that with the current rational behind making drugs legal/illegal both could be pushed from one category into the other, etc.

You can't be serious if you think MDMA was banned simply because people have fun while on it. It can screw you up really bad, i've seen plenty of evidence of it. Enough to ensure that I will never touch it in my life. It's not even in the same class as alcohol. You seem to be basing your decisions on what kind of social problems they cause. Alcohol is brutal to society - the amount of violence, injury, and death caused by it would be surpassed by few things in the world. But the personal risk in terms of well-being the person from moderate alcohol use to moderate MDMA use aren't even comparable.

spot on matt. I think alot of users of mdma will start to see problems in their late 20's/early 30's and see them continue to worsen as they get older.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users