MDMA therapy? - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

MDMA therapy?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 wael

wael

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

After several experiences with different medications, i came to the conclusion that a ssri with clonazepam benefits me the most. But still, i feel no affection, no real feelings, numb. The real anxiety/panic and strange depersonalisation/derealisation is quite gone due the meds, but i still feel there is a closed door in my brain that will not open. Even after months of comfortable numb, i cant close the gap.
Psychotherapy and research was really helpful,and i think i understand why i have this shit, but it is even more frustrating that you know those things that were wrong and destructive, but still can t get the real constructive progress.
Ssri are a part of the solution for me but also blocks me in my progress.

I really want to feel, cry and love. I read about mdma therapy in the late 70/80 and in switserland till 1995. And even at this moment there are discussions about the therapeutic value of mdma/lsd etc.
I also read a lot of personal experiences of people who had a lot of results with pure mdma cristals, and that it was more benifical than years of therapy.
I have no personality disorder, no bipolar or psychotic disorder. Only anxiety resulting in dp/dr. Within a couple of weeks i will try a session with 2 friends, who are informed about my problems and struggles and know me really good. I want to go deep and talk about my feelings, perhaps i can solve some problems/issues that still holds me back.
Sometimes you have to take a risk in order to benefit. I also discussed it with my psych.
Are there people with any experiences with mdma or xtc (no speed), no induced by it, but after they were dp ed?

#2 Matt210

Matt210

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1134 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

Fully realizing i'm going to start looking like the anti-drug police on here, but this sounds like a REALLY bad idea.

There may be ongoing research on the therapeutic benefits of it, but there has been research going on about this since the 1970s - if there was something there I think they would have found it by now. The reason they keep researching it is because like any drug that people want to do, it feels so damn good people just don't want to accept the reality that it is bad for you.

You may have an enjoyable experience on the drug, but the comedown from MDMA is horrible - and on top of that if you are already on SSRIs I believe you are at risk of serotonin syndrome which can be life-threatening.

#3 egodeath

egodeath

• DPSH Members
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

You may have an enjoyable experience on the drug, but the comedown from MDMA is horrible - and on top of that if you are already on SSRIs I believe you are at risk of serotonin syndrome which can be life-threatening.

I've heard that some places, but most research shows that taking MDMA with an SSRI doesn't have any ill effects. That said, SSRI's usually drastically reduce the effects of MDMA, sometimes to the point where even a recreational dose has no effect. NEVER take MDMA while taking MAOI's.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

i highly recommend that you DONT do this. I got DP/DR from mdma. Now grantedi took a large dose but i seriously doubt it will change anything for you. DP/DR researchers seem to think that the disorder stems from abnormal functioning of the serotonin system. MDMA drastically effects and changes that so, again, i think its a bad idea but do what you will.

#5 egodeath

egodeath

• DPSH Members
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

i highly recommend that you DONT do this. I got DP/DR from mdma. Now grantedi took a large dose but i seriously doubt it will change anything for you. DP/DR researchers seem to think that the disorder stems from abnormal functioning of the serotonin system. MDMA drastically effects and changes that so, again, i think its a bad idea but do what you will.

Agreed. MDMA might help PTSD, but it probably won't be good for DP.

#6 wael

wael

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

DP/DR researchers seem to think that the disorder stems from abnormal functioning of the serotonin system

With respect to all researchers, i really think they haven''t got any concrete idea of how the brain works regarding mental illness. The simple statement about serotonin deficit is more commercial than science.

MDMA might help PTSD, but it probably won't be good for DP.

What if dp is caused by a trauma. I can pinpoint my onset after a suicide 3 years ago.

but most research shows that taking MDMA with an SSRI doesn't have any ill effects. That said, SSRI's usually drastically reduce the effects of MDMA, sometimes to the point where even a recreational dose has no effect. NEVER take MDMA while taking MAOI's

That true! The fear of serotonin syndrom is heavly overestimated when ssri are combined with speed/xtc/pure mdma.

I know it is quite a unconventional way of helping yourself, but i think when i have the proper preperation, a good surrounding with friends, and good vitamins/5 htp/ l-tryptofaan to reduce the possible come down.
But he, i sometimes get so fucked up by not feeling real emotions, i really need to do something. I will see and let it know!

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

How can you disregard what i said about dp/dr being tied to the sertonergic system when thats how i got this? The only drug i did that night was mdma. I went to bed 1 day later, i wake up in this hell. Please argue this point.

#8 wael

wael

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

I dont disregard what you said! dp/dr being is probably tied to the sertonergic system, but probably also to other Monoamine neurotransmitters as dopamine, norepinephrine etc and perhaps all kind of other neurons
I was trying to make a point that pharmacutical organisations put it too easy that its just a problem/deficit of sertonine. Everything is much more complicated and interacted.
And it looks certain that your dp is induced by mdma!
Because my english writing isnt that top notch, sometimes i cant express myself clearly.

#9 egodeath

egodeath

• DPSH Members
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

Highly psychoactive drugs are not the way to go if you want to treat DP/DR. Maybe it would help for dealing with traumatic memories, but I feel like it would only have merit for other disorders where connection to reality and unhinged thinking aren't a problem.

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

im trying to give you some good advice here man. Dont self medicate with mdma. It probably even runs the risk of making your condition worse.

#11 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

• DPSH Members
  • 1466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

If you are going to try this try and get MDMA. Not 80% methamphetamine, 10% ephedrine and 10% MDMA. Test the stuff to make sure you know whats in it.

The reason there has been ongoing research into this for so long is because it's so damn hard to research it because of it's schedule 1 status in the US. It has nothing to do with how good it feels. It's the same thing with psilocybin and LSD it's damn near impossible to get a permit to research these drugs. All these drugs could benefit people for various conditions but it's really hard to do research with schedule 1 drugs.

Also taking MDMA with ssri's won't usually result in serotonin syndrome but most of the time it will block the effects of the MDMA.

#12 Matt210

Matt210

• DPSH Members
  • 1134 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

MDMA has that status for a reason. I know the U.S. is a little nuts with drugs, but can anyone really say they think its a good idea to treat anything with Acid or Ecstasy? It just defies all logic IMO.

I have heard countless recovery stories in my time on these boards, talking with psychiatrists, doing research on my own, reading books, etc. and in all this time I have never once heard of anyone recovering from using recreational drugs. Some people get to the point where they are able to do recreational drugs without any negative effects, but that is the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is you join the ranks of thousands and thousands of people who have had their lives altered for the worst from these drugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users