I think..I have Recovered! - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I think..I have Recovered!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Conjurus

Conjurus

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

I do not know what caused it, whether it was head trauma, or psychological/physical abuse as a child. Either way, I had chronic dp 24/7/365 for my entire memory of 22 years.

It's now been about 2 weeks or so dp free. :) I can't believe how good it feels. I just want to say that If I can recover, anybody can! Always have hope, for there's always hope to be had.

I believe that I have recovered for a few reasons.

1. Temporary relief from meds which allowed me to focus and sort the problems in my life.
2. Realizing powerful mental blocks placed upon myself from trauma and figuring out how to lift them.

I want to thank everybody for their support and friendship and advice and just everything that everyone has done to help and encourage me along the way. I don't think I'd have done it without this site and the support I've found here. I'll stick around. 8)

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

Awesome.

#3 surf

surf

• DPSH Members
  • 5291 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:07 AM

wow jesse that's good to hear. lots of people seem to be getting better. gives me hope :) enjoy life my friend you deserve it.

#4 Rein

Rein

• DPSH Members
  • 1060 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

Thats great to hear! :D
How`s your brother doing?

#5 Conjurus

Conjurus

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

Thats great to hear! :D
How`s your brother doing?

Ashamed to say, I've been so busy I havn't hung out with him lately. I need to do something with both of my bro's.

#6 jfromaz

jfromaz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Awesome news

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

hey, i'm 22 years young as well. I can remember having spouts of dp when i was little, thought nothing of it as they went away within days or weeks, until i took a whole blunt by myself. Since than its been chronic, and i blame my own stupid mistake, wasn't the pot, it was a dormant disease set off by the pot, but i'm interested that we're the same age and have it, how do you react around your friends and family, for me, no one understands. I had my best friend watch numb and still, nothing. The only person who understands is my therapist, and i feel like sometimes he doesnt even understand. Get back to me if you can!

#8 deadtoself

deadtoself

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:00 AM

Good for you man, that's awesome. I'm happy for you.

#9 Jessesaur

Jessesaur

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

1. Temporary relief from meds which allowed me to focus and sort the problems in my life.
2. Realizing powerful mental blocks placed upon myself from trauma and figuring out how to lift them.

Can you tell us more about what type of meds you used? And more about lifting the mental blocks? I am especially curious because I too have had 24/7 dpd for as long as I can remember(25 years). I just found this forum and will get around to introducing myself, but in the meantime, I just had to reply to this.

#10 ZachT

ZachT

DP Approved

• DPSH Members
  • 1339 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

I plan on getting off my meds too so i can deal with my problems naturally.

#11 Conjurus

Conjurus

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:58 AM

Here are a couple of links for you that I hope will help.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16967&p=153374&hilit=fighting+dp+my+self+helps#p153374

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19276&p=166149&hilit=destroy+your+anxiety#p166149

As for medication, I was on Anafranil for a few months. At first I was also taking Xanax, but that was substituted with Vistaril after a couple of months. Anafranil continued with Vistaril as well as Lamictal and Invega.

Note that I had also been diagnosed with bipolar otherwise unspecified, and ptsd.

#12 Realiity

Realiity

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 292 posts
  • LocationMississauga

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

wow, congratulations!
I'm hoping I'll be where you are soon :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users