deaths of people with DP - Page 3 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

deaths of people with DP

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#25 coffeecup

coffeecup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know/researched people who have died with DP, and what caused their death?

im guessing if it exists theres quite a few suicides in there...

#26 Conjurus

Conjurus

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1839 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

Does anyone know/researched people who have died with DP, and what caused their death?

im guessing if it exists theres quite a few suicides in there...

If only that was an option.

#27 HurricaneSeb

HurricaneSeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Maybe if you come out of your body, and then you really are looking at yourself from outside your body! :lol:

#28 SSJ3Lotokun

SSJ3Lotokun

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Everybody dies, and many suffer from chronic lifelong dp, so the statistics are likely similar to whatever people die from on average. I don't think there'd be any correlation between dp and causes of death. And any causes of death that could conceivably be linked to dp would more likely be more linked to other things (depression, drug use, etc.).

#29 Skynet

Skynet

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

I prefer to think of it this way. A person with DP lives longer because their brain slows down. When you have DP it is almost as if your brain is resting. This is why you always feel half awake and half asleep. So you'll probably live twice as long with DP than if you didn't have it. I've had DP for 25 years. Chronic DP ever since my dad passed away. But I still look young for my age. DP certainly doesn't appear to be aging me. I think it's slowed my aging process down. I should be fine. You will be too. :)

#30 Midnight

Midnight

• DPSH Members
  • 1214 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Maybe if you come out of your body, and then you really are looking at yourself from outside your body! :lol:

I know this seems OT but why would you choose a display picture like that for a forum full of people with nervous dispositions, full of anxiety and might be panicing while reading some of the posts on here?

And Skynet, that's not been proven now has it? Besides, I'd rather live half a life without depersonalization than a full one with it and that's the honest truth.

#31 Midnight

Midnight

• DPSH Members
  • 1214 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I know this seems OT but why would you choose a display picture like that for a forum full of people with nervous dispositions, full of anxiety and might be panicing while reading some of the posts on here?

And Skynet, that's not been proven now has it? Besides, I'd rather live half a life without depersonalization than a full one with it and that's the honest truth.

#32 Skynet

Skynet

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Of course none of us want DP. It's hell on Earth. I've had it for 25 years, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Most other people would have killed themselves by now. But it is a fact that I do look young for my age and what has been noted in my medical records is my Doctor telling me that I have the heart of someone 10 years younger than my actual age. The rest of what I say is just positive thinking. Positive thinking is the first step out of this mess. You can sit there all day thinking this is going to kill you. But That sure the hell isn't going to help you feel any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users