Desperate..anyone ever feel this way? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Desperate..anyone ever feel this way?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JessMess

JessMess

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Reality always feels real strange. A lot of times like I have just been introduced to it. Everything going on around me I know I recognize but can't shake off the feeling of how alien it feels and how weird it seems. A lot of times it feels like it's moving really slow and I can't catch back to it. Then I feel like I'm going to lose control or go crazy and not be able to calm down. Always afraid of passing out or dying, like on the edge of consciousness. Body doesn't feel like mine. Hard to relax. OCD thoughts. I get confused about reality and start to panic. Horrible extreme feelings and racing thoughts run though me. Like I can't connect to my body. This experience is by far the worst I have ever had. Scary. At least once a day I get so overwhelmed I have to lock myself in my room and lay in my bed and try to reconnect with reality. It feels very overwhelming and extreme. I'll wonder if I have a serious undetected illness, or if there's something seriously wrong with my brain. I get afraid of losing control of reality. I get so panicky and dizzy and overwhelmed that I won't be able to stand up. In mid conversation in my head I'll be thinking "is this really my voice" and "so this is reality and real life?" at the grocery store or work everything doesn't feel "all together" and I feel very fragmented. :( constant fear of passing out in public or dying while i'm at work. :(

#2 Mark

Mark

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1346 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

I have not had these experiences like wanting to pass out.
Have you told your doctor??

Many people here have had similar experiences.

#3 JessMess

JessMess

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

i have a therapist and i've told her. i think it's part of an anxiety disorder. it's not that I want to it's that I'm scared it'll happen.

#4 Mark

Mark

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1346 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

i have a therapist and i've told her. i think it's part of an anxiety disorder. it's not that I want to it's that I'm scared it'll happen.

Affraid of being affraid.
We all know this well.
It sounds like anxiety to me also.
Are you on any meds??

#5 JessMess

JessMess

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

no i don't like being on meds. i have some xanax but it just sits in my room. yeah and you're right there is a lot of fear there. afraid of everything feeling. afraid of losing control, going crazy, etc.

#6 Savage08

Savage08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

Hi,
Just wanted to say I feel very similar at times. Really confused alienated. It also feels like I just started experiencing reality although I know I've always been in reality. And for the passing out part, just try not to think about it, and you really don't have to be afraid of passing out, I mean it won't hurt you or change you and your def not gunna die. Its very hard but find your comfort zone ignore it and it will get better. :wink:

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

.....it's a little something called DPD. Ever heard of it?

You're not the only one, buddy. I feel the same way, word for word. Extreme overwelming thoughts, fear of an undectected illness, everything you said.

Best of luck to you.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:13 AM

i feel exactly like you
when i feel i need to be calmed down i just sedate myself with benadryl, then hope for my next doctor appointments

stick in there :)

Also, the not being able to stand up bit could be caused by depression, get that checked out with your doctor. It's curable and I can say I have had success with geting rid of the lightheaded feeling. I use to get it so bad that I couldn't open my eyes or it would feel worse :oops: .

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:44 AM

nearly everyone with DR in any serious sense feels that way every minute of every day.

If it's a problem, get some exercise and eat healthy,
it will have no effect of your DR but you will feel happier and more relaxed, making the problem seem smaller and less crippling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users