Zolpidem trials, possible cure for DP? - Page 4 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Zolpidem trials, possible cure for DP?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

See look shes talking to us through it :o

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Validating
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

wow i leave for a couple hours, come back, and this is what i see? did you guys all decide on drugs tonight?

yeah a little meth, acid, crack and shrooms.

Dont tell me ;you snorted the shrooms,ate the meth,stuck the acid on your eye balls,stuck the crack in between your toes. :P

thats not how your supposed to take them? and did you call me mark? lol

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Yes I did ,like 50 times already...its matt isnt it....... :roll: why didnt you say anything before now?.........lol

Its not?......tell the others that.. :D :) :( :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :| ..he said it was.--->. :cry: ..dont feel sorry for him.

#40 dreamingoflife

dreamingoflife

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 450 posts
  • Locationus

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

Wow I was feeling like crap and really dpd until I got on here and read this post. I feel better now. I think I needed the laugh. Thanks guys lol

• Validating
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:07 AM

Wow I was feeling like crap and really dpd until I got on here and read this post. I feel better now. I think I needed the laugh. Thanks guys lol

no problem

Yes I did ,like 50 times already...its matt isnt it....... :roll: why didnt you say anything before now?.........lol

Its not?......tell the others that.. :D :) :( :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :| ..he said it was.--->. :cry: ..dont feel sorry for him.

i didnt even realize lol :lol:

:shock: this guy just witnessed this guy :x kill this guy :cry:

and yes its matt

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

Ok so know im awak and im back in depersonalization. But for 5 hours i was 100% dp free. It felt great but somewhat depressing that it is not lasting.
So the world is back in it's fake way again and the numbness the same. But really, there must be something about this cuz i almost forgot that i had depersonalization.

#43 Mark

Mark

• DPSH Members
  • 1346 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

Sorry we hijacked your post last night.
So, you are back to DP.
Why don't we just ask the people at NODID what they think of your experience?
Letís see if the moderators think that is a good idea.
I am going to post this as a new topic.

#44 Guest_Le Chat_*

Guest_Le Chat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Um, this thread is a tad ... well it's on Acid (and I've never been on Acid).

Zolpidem -- looked it up is Ambien! It helps people go to sleep. It's a dicey drug really, people sleep-walk, drive their cars while not awake. Weird stuff. I wouldn't take it. If I couldn't sleep, I don't know, I'd take something else, not this med.

I'd be more concerned about this than taking a Xanax or something to help you fall asleep.

Also, yes, the smilies, smileys, are insane. A good number seemed to have their brains sucked out with a vacuum cleaner through the top.

I'm wondering if this thread however is more about hallucinations last night than this drug. I'll ask my shrink about it tomorrow, but this is the first case I've heard of this. Although, I think it could be similar to the heavy tranquilizers used in psychosis ... if so some of the more recent ones have helped a few people -- Ablify comes to mind.

http://www.rxlist.com is a great source re: meds. I found Zolpidem under Ambien ... it came up with a bunch of "guesses"

Perhaps this should go in the meds section? Or the ... Acid trip section? :shock:

#45 Guest_Le Chat_*

Guest_Le Chat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

Info on Zolpidem/Ambien

Sedative/Hypnotic, not a benzo. I'm not sure why it relieved DP for a brief time. God I've give 5 zillion bucks to feel that. But there are many time this has happened to various people. I know of one guy who tried ECT. He'd awaken w/out DP, then it would return. Everytime it was administered the DP/DR went away, then returned.

I also know of one individual who had ECT (serious major depression w/DP/DR/OCD) who had to have ECT and it made the DP/DR unbearable.

Some respond amazingly well to certain things. Go figure. We are all unique. My mantra.

http://www.rxlist.co...eric/zolpid.htm

AMBIEN
Zolpidem is used to treat sleep problems (insomnia). It may help you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and reduce the number of times you awaken during the night. Zolpidem belongs to a class of drugs called sedative/hypnotics. It acts on your brain to produce a calming effect.

Autonomic nervous system: Infrequent: increased sweating, pallor, postural hypotension, syncope. Rare: abnormal accommodation, altered saliva, flushing, glaucoma, hypotension, impotence, increased saliva, tenesmus.

Body as a whole: Frequent: asthenia. Infrequent: edema, falling, fatigue, fever, malaise, trauma. Rare: allergic reaction, allergy aggravated, anaphylactic shock, face edema, hot flashes, increased ESR, pain, restless legs, rigors, tolerance increased, weight decrease.

Central and peripheral nervous system: Frequent: ataxia, confusion, euphoria, headache, insomnia, vertigo.

Infrequent: agitation, anxiety, decreased cognition, detached, difficulty concentrating, dysarthria, emotional lability, hallucination, hypoesthesia, illusion, leg cramps, migraine, nervousness, paresthesia, sleeping (after daytime dosing), speech disorder, stupor, tremor.

Rare: abnormal gait, abnormal thinking, aggressive reaction, apathy, appetite increased, decreased libido, delusion, dementia, depersonalization, dysphasia, feeling strange, :shock: hypokinesia, hypotonia, hysteria, intoxicated feeling, manic reaction, neuralgia, neuritis, neuropathy, neurosis, panic attacks, paresis, personality disorder, somnambulism, suicide attempts, :shock: :shock: tetany, yawning.

I would say, this is indeed a med of last resort. I don't trust it as far as I could throw it. IMHO. Not for MOI! :?

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well i just want to make it clear that i do not recommend using zolpidem for this purpose.
But the research says that it activates parts of the brain in people with semi-coma states and while DP is nothing like that it could be described as such.
And the fact that it was completely gone and i was myself again might benefit the research. Zolpidem by itself is for sure not the answer.

#47 egodeath

egodeath

• DPSH Members
  • 1183 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

Zolpidem really screws with me,
but I guess it cures DP in the sense that I pass the fcuk out.

#48 Demond

Demond

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:58 PM

Hi All,

Allow me to first, express my most deep sincere apologies for how harsh the realities of coping with dp/dr may seem at times. I have been dealing with this since I was in high school, I am 24 and approaching 6 years of having dp/dr. I am married to a beautiful woman who supports me and am very blessed. I have a grateful journal I write in every morning and night, I meditate every morning and night, I read and pray every morning and night and I exercise like a damn uncontrollable animal. This a system that I use and have found to help me the most as far as coping with Dp/Dr. I occasionally smoke or eat edibles like a complete idiot. I intent on stopping soon, and I have recently became a pescatarian. Thank you all within this community for helping people who actually understand what it is like.

I am prescribed 5mg of Zolpidem, also referred to as ambian. It is considered as an hypnotic style of drug that is intended for the use of helping those with difficulties sleeping at night. I first found out the wonders of this drug long ago in high-school... Long story short, this drug has been the gateway for my freedom and regaining control over my emotions and senses. I feel normal again, I am in the moment, feeling present, I can express myself. I feel the senses of my arms, they feel like they actually belong to me when I move them. Instead of a type of command TO move them. I take 5mg of Zolpidem it takes roughly 30 min for it to start to have an effect which, as explained, is everything I have been wishing for. To gain control over my life again. Sadly, the effect only lasts for 15-30 minuets and is incorporated with a light hypnotic kind of high. That is when I begin to feel tired which is its main purpose to be used. The Symptons with dp/dr are sometimes more challenging to cope with the day after.

I have recently been prescribed 5mg of Zolpidem Tartrate, I am not exactly positive on the difference between Zolpidem as the effects are the same however, I feel less of the hypnotic effect and more of a total freedom from the Dp/Dr and the best thing is, It last for nearly two hours. It literally feels as if I never had dp/dr. I realize this is a temporary fix, a band-aid over the wound however, the two hours of freedom and control can at times literally be the highlight of my entire week coping with dp/dr and it gives me hope that my mind is not in someway broken or unfix-able and that it is possible for me to be "regular" once again. Thank you all for reading and I of coarse recommend speaking with a licensed physician before trying it on your own.

God bless all your hearts, hang in there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users