UK MEETUP - Page 17 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

UK MEETUP

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#193 coffeecup

coffeecup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

shit.. got a bit off topic there...

as for the meetup some time after mid feb would suit me ... some chav bricked the back window of my motor, and ive got to wait 3 weeks for a new one to come from japan, driving down the motorway at 80 with the binbag on the back window flapping rounds driving me nuts so ive got to get it done

so anyone got an idea of a place to meet up?

#194 jc

jc

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1724 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

so is this going ahead ??

#195 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

cpn, psychiatrist, therapist

all the same :

fking useless!!!

ive been trying to see sierra for the past 3 years, but they wouldnt send me out the area due to "funding issues" neither would the sods give me any of the drugs any any DP research papers

asked for some zyban at one point to try and get my AD's to work again ... no one would prescribe it .. as its an anti smoking aid, and not in NICE guidelines to be used in depression...

superb!

I saw Dr.M Sierra Siegert several years ago, good doc, you could email them directly and get them to write your Gp a letter. I found them extremely helpful. It was him who diagnosed me with Dp,d and other things...I wish I had continued under his treatment at the time.

#196 coffeecup

coffeecup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

cheers spirit .. but its been so much more complex for me past 3 yrs now.. tried the GP referral but they wont step on the consultants toes .. and want a direct referral from them (which ive been pushing) then i ran into "funding issues" about sending people out of the borough who might be treated here.... waited over 9 months for these fuckwits to do something.... nothing happened , so basicly i went ballistic and phoned up PALS late last year, theyve done their best but buerocracy still gets in the way... saw another doc (the 13th) for a 2nd opinion ... and this guy recons i have primary DP/DR .... so will recommend i get funding from the board (who meet on the 25th) ... but fuck knows what will go on....

add on the 7 years of being classed as schizophrenic for not feeling real....

what a load of fucking bollocks eh?

should be like wallmart.. just amble in with yer trolley and fill up with drugs :D

(and sign a nice disclaimer at the checkout as well.. ;) )

#197 coffeecup

coffeecup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

dunno jc ... but anytime you want to go for a pint mate give me a shout and if needed ill come pick you up , i run on chippy veg oil so distance isnt much of a prob

drinks are on you mate :D

only joking :)

#198 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

[email protected] Mr.mister.

Yeah, I didn't mention that I had seen about 15 psychiatrists also before I saw Dr.Sierra and he finally diagnosed me with Dp disorder. One other psych said that what I had sounded like depersonalisation, that was the first time I heard that word, and my response was; " :o What the f*ck is that???? !!!!"...

All he said was its rare but you can look it up on the internet, but he wouldn't diagnose me as having Dp,d disorder. Instead he suggested what a beautiful day it was outside and I should enjoy it and just stop worrying" ! :roll:

I don't have Dp,d anymore I am just empathising.

Good luck in getting the treatment you need, you just have to keep pushing.

#199 coffeecup

coffeecup

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

"Instead he suggested what a beautiful day it was outside and I should enjoy it and just stop worrying" ! :roll: "

how the hell you didnt drag him him over the desk and beat 7 shades of shite out of him i dont know!?

what an unfeeling scumbag .. still could be worse

we could be in the USA and actually pay for this ;)

#200 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

we could be in the USA and actually pay for this ;)

LOL, yeah to f*ing true.

Oh and yeah, psychistrists have had their fair share of trouble out of me, don't you worry. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users