Music? - Page 2 - Managing DPD - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Music?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Validating
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

yay i loooove the shins!! Zach braff introduced me to them in my fav film "the garden state" a must see for anyone that hasnt seen it!!

#14 peachy

peachy

• DPSH Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

are you kidding me? that's my favorite film too. who are you?? geez :shock: lol
i take it you are probably a zach braff fan as well?

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

Jazzstep

#16 hurricane12

hurricane12

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

you know whats weird ever since i got dp everytime i listen to music it gets stuck in my head for days and i can hear it so clearly in my mind

#17 cyberafrica

cyberafrica

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:37 AM

I slowly am regaining reality, and from being a person who has always loved and played music, when I first got DP/DR, I did not even listen to music. But now, that "feeling" when you hear music which resonates with ones soul, is slowly coming back, and I find myself listening to music more often now. Soon I will get back to playing the guitar and keyboard.

Maybe, an expert can look at music therapy as part of a holistic healing process for us DP/DR'd, to bring ones emotions back, or bring us back from the dissociative feeling...???

It is well documented that music therapy is used to affect different parts of the brain. It is also associated with a decrease in depression, improved mood, and a reduction in state anxiety. See http://en.wikipedia....i/Music_therapy

So music is definitely a healer!

CyberA

• Validating
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

Yes im guilty of owning all of his films, are you female? maybe we are twins! Or share the same dreams/insights, awesome. Tell me more about you!

#19 peachy

peachy

• DPSH Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

female i am! haha but i never know how to answer "tell me more about you". must be the dp, loss of ego, or something. do you have a facebook?

• Validating
  • 822 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

yes yes i do

ha robyn travers - add me! xx

#21 letsgetbetter

letsgetbetter

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

I'd love to be listening to more music but I get tinnitus, a low gushing sound in my right ear so I have to have it really quiet.

I play guitar and actually it really helps me feel connected. I can feel when I look out the window whilst I play that I'm feeling more normal. But I always get tinnitus afterwards for a while so I tend not to play much.

I'm also sensitive to noises sometimes, so they feel like they go right through my head and make me jumpy. Happens less and less though now as I'm getting closer to full recovery. I can't wait to be writing and recording again.

#22 Cathal_08

Cathal_08

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

radiohead are great to help you with DP, thier album in rainbows, ok computer, the bends, etc.
any music really, reggae, jazz, soul is brilliant!
watever your into

• Validating
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

i love radiohead :) they do make me wallow in it though haha.

i agree reggae and soul, also heck out mazzy star and cat power, very nice

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

music helps me express myself and it's great to find a band/songwriter that seems to know exactly what your going through. I LOVE the Shins, The Verve (the drugs don't work!) and Radiohead!

Great depression music (or relaxing): team sleep, ELLIOT SMITH, Nick Drake, some Radiohead, shins, Peter Gabriel
Great feel-good music: Jack Johnson, Pavement, 311, Built to Spill, Dave Mathews, Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins(siamese dream prefferably)
Great Frustration music: Sonic Youth, The Pixies, Violent Femmes, NIN

... to name a few of my favorites...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users