Is this a symptom of DP/DR too? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Is this a symptom of DP/DR too?

DP/DR New symptom 24/7 Anxiety

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Num8Freak

Num8Freak

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:39 AM

Hey,

i‘ve been suffering from permanent severe DP/DR since nearly 2 years now. But since i have this disorder, i feel constantly, like i‘m missing something out. Of course because of the intensity of my symptoms, it‘s unfortunately not possble to do things that i loved, like the way i did before. But there is something else, and it's like everything that i‘m intetested in the world is passing by me and i can‘t catch up with it, because i don't even now what and where to start It‘s so weird, i actually can‘t really explain. To all DP/DR sufferers, do you have this "symptom“ too?

#2 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1378 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:56 PM

Ecclesiastes 3:1  "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:"

One definition of serious mental illness could be symptoms that affect your  seasons, and thereby

alter your purpose in life.

#3 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

• DPSH Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:42 PM

Yes. it is a normal symptom in depersonalization. You can read these quotes by philosopher, Henri-Frédéric Amiel' from 1880. He is the one who came with term depersonalization for his state. 

https://www.dpselfhe...amiels-journal/

#4 Num8Freak

Num8Freak

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:16 AM

Yes. it is a normal symptom in depersonalization. You can read these quotes by philosopher, Henri-Frédéric Amiel' from 1880. He is the one who came with term depersonalization for his state. 

https://www.dpselfhe...amiels-journal/

Thanks for the answer. Can you tell me please in which line exactly? Sounds interesting. I thought i was the only one with this weird symptom.

#5 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

• DPSH Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:42 AM

Well, it is a description in a poetic language that nearly half the text.  The clinical term used in depersonalization is "De-affectualisation that is the subjective feeling of not having emotions any more. Things that matters before and affected ones emotions is gone. It is a "depressive-like" state not related to clinical depression. You lose attachment to the world because there is no emotions to it. 

https://www.cambridg...isorder-div.pdf

#6 Absent

Absent

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBristol. GB.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:43 AM

Yes, that effect/symptom is true for me. I would say that life is to feel aware of one's presence in the world, through time, and to emotional recall those experiences. But DPRD flattens and denies all that, so yes I find that all I am interested in is passing by without me able to engage with 'real' consciousness and presence. I think that is a cruel loss which is not comprehendible to non-DP people. I can envy them. So all credit to you for prevailing through this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DP/DR, New symptom, 24/7, Anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users