Which SSRI/SSNRI helped you the most? - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Which SSRI/SSNRI helped you the most?

SSRI SSNRI DP/DR Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Num8Freak

Num8Freak

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:17 AM

Hey,

i just discontiuned my Paroxetine (Paxil). On April 8th i have a apointment with my psychatrist finally again. Now i want to here from you which SSRI or SSNRI helped you the most, so i can ask him to try it out. I had already 4 different SSRI's, none of them had impact on my depression, neither my depersonalization. Of course i am gonna mix it with Lamictal. 

#2 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2021 - 06:53 AM

Likely very individual so you can not take individual experiences and make the universel. Anti-Depressants in general have no effect on the core symptoms of depersonalization. They might help with general anxiety and depressive symptoms develop secondary to it. I tolerate the SNRI duloxetine far better than a SSRI despite it should be more potent. Nausea and vomiting might be a risk as a side-effect the first week in many so a low dose on 30.mg to start with is recommended. 

#3 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1378 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 31 March 2021 - 08:37 AM

Paxil and Effexor affected my sensation of orgasm.  Instead of a ringing bell, I got a buzzer instead.  I preferred the ringing bell, but did without it for the

20 years I was on Paxil and Effexor.  Then I tried Lexapro (Escitalopram), and I was on 40mg and was told by a pharmacist that was a relatively high dose.  I had zero side

effects from Lexapro, so I would recommend it with the caveat given by Mayer-Gross....your mileage may vary.

#4 whataraindyday

whataraindyday

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 11:03 AM

Hi
Tried Setralin (Zoloft) - hated it
Now I try Escitalopram (Lexapro) starting at 5mg up to 10mg - side effects are hardly there - but not sure yet if it works since it's week 2 i take it (5mg)

#5 neutralmilkdissociation

neutralmilkdissociation

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:35 PM

Don’t waste your time and money with SSRI’s.

#6 neutralmilkdissociation

neutralmilkdissociation

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:35 PM

Don’t waste your time and money with SSRI’s.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSRI, SSNRI, DP/DR, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users