A-typical symptom development? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

A-typical symptom development?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1213Steven

1213Steven

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 03:32 PM

I developed the worst of my symptoms after reading about the symptoms of others. Could this suggest an anxiety basis, or ocd? Has anyone else experienced this? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

#2 lost235

lost235

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:51 AM

I for sure think this could have something to do with anxiety, and I also think it’s fairly normal. When you’re already experiencing some symptoms of a certain “mental condition”, you’re probably more sensitive to develop new ones. In this case I don’t think it helps that much to read about someone’s “existential crisis” or how they see the world in a certain way or how they look at themselves. I’d say most of my existential crisis and weird first person perspective comes from reading others freak out about it. Once I felt like I didn’t really have control of my thoughts, googled about it, and suddenly I was at a forum for schizophrenics thinking I was experiencing exactly what they were (of course I wasn’t). Maybe that could have something to do with hypochondria? Either way I think it could be anxiety with some OCD/hypochondria tendencies (totally normal btw).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users