Three things that seem to stick with me during recovery - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Three things that seem to stick with me during recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yaan

yaan

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:39 AM

Hi everyone, 

I have been experiencing DPDR since 8 months now, due to a bad cannabis experience. At first  my symptoms seemed unbearable, I won't get into detail because you all know what I mean... It has been a really rough process of acceptance, breakdowns, setbacks, and trying to keep my body as healthy as possible. At the time being I wouldn't say I'm completely healed, but I notice some improvements. Still, there are some things that just don't seem to go away... I wonder if anyone has similar experiences, please share! smile.png

* Mental/Physical fatigue: Not that I need to sleep all the time, but my body and mind just feel so drained... for me this is one of the hardest parts of DPDR. Even if everything gets better, I still feel like I'm exhausted (my blood levels are all fine). This feeling of tiredness is sticking with me all the time. Anyone familiar with this? 

* Even on moments where I feel almost normal, there still is something that's not quite right. It's like DPDR changed me and now that I know what I know, I can never unsee it anymore. I feel like I lost a piece of myself. 

* I don't feel connected to things that are supposed to give me pleasure, such as sexual stuff or music. 

I guess one of the reasons it's hard for me to get out my DPDR, is the fact that I'm always obsessively checking whether I feel better and normal again (even though I know this is bad for you, how can I stop my mind thinking about this?)... I've had OCD the first 20 yrs of my life and now I think there's still a part of it in me, interfering with my DPDR and so keeping it alive... My doctor wants me to take venlafaxine (Effexor), but I'm not fully convinced yet. 

Please let me know what you think. I wish you all the luck on this hard, very hard path. 

#2 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:12 AM

Sounds like you're getting better, but you still have DP. I've recovered and I don't have these symptoms anymore, although I can assure you that I once did. All of them. I got DP from cannabis too. Keep the faith, you will continue to get better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users